Missed bin collections

scargill

Perhaps, but the first snow fell last weekend, the raods were clear until Friday night - I'd have thought they could have caught up with the collections, unless perhaps the gritting hasn't been done effectively...

Our blue bins were done this morning at 0750 ,back door was open for the crew,quick coffee,a smoke,thanks and goodbye.Well done lads giving up your Sundays while many laze in bed.

Where i live, today is the first day the roads have been clear of snow for nearly a fortnight.

A week with me as the first snow fell a week ago Friday here. But this raises the question of where were the gritters - another service our council tax pays for...

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 18:41 ----------

Our blue bins were done this morning at 0750 ,back door was open for the crew,quick coffee,a smoke,thanks and goodbye.Well done lads giving up your Sundays while many laze in bed.

Love it - 'giving up' sound slike the did it for free rather than double time...

Oh and thanks for delaying the round - selfish git!

A week with me as the first snow fell a week ago Friday here. But this raises the question of where were the gritters - another service our council tax pays for...

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 18:41 ----------

Love it - 'giving up' sound slike the did it for free rather than double time...

Oh and thanks for delaying the round - selfish git!

No need to sign your name,I can get that from the tone of your post.

PS Double time went out when Sunday Trading began,thanks to the grantham grocer.

Our recycling bin was supposed to be emptied on Thursday but hadn't been by yesterday so we brought it in again. So I suppose the question now is what do we put out next week?

Our black bin had been out since last Sunday night, it was due for collection on Monday but they finally came this morning thank god. I'm assuming normal collections will be resuming so I've put our blue bin out tonight as usual.

No bin collection here, they were only due on Friday so I dread to think when they might get here :/

When we had the snow on Friday my husband walked 3.5 miles into work at 8pm at night for a shift starting at 10. He was late. He got to work and fulfilled his contract though. Snow doesn't make the world stop and it shouldn't be an excuse for lazy people to not get out to work and do the job they are contracted to do!

I think you're missing the point.

If a bin lorry had inched it's way down your road and slid into your car causing damage I think you might have been a little miffed - possibly more miffed than having to cope with an overfull bin .

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 20:21 ----------

im in s13 should have been emptied thursday still no joy .are we allowed to put extra rubbish at side of bin?

Yes - an extra bin bag was removed by the bin men today - I don't know if they were smiling though:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 20:22 ----------

Did they smile ?:hihi:

Brilliant! was woken this morning (Sunday) at 6.50am by the bin lorry reversing up our cul de sac, they reversed as far as 3 houses from the end where the access was tight by parked cars, decided they couldnt get through or be bothered to walk the 15 meters for those bins, and drove off, still no bins emptied!

They may come back later in the day, time will tell

Well they didn’t return; maybe it was just a recognisance mission ready for a raid tomorrow, when all three bins will require emptying.

I think you're missing the point.

If a bin lorry had inched it's way down your road and slid into your car causing damage I think you might have been a little miffed - possibly more miffed than having to cope with an overfull bin .

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 20:21 ----------

Yes - an extra bin bag was removed by the bin men today - I don't know if they were smiling though:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 20:22 ----------

Did they smile ?:hihi:

Oh yes!:hihi::hihi:

Well you were lucky in the part of Sheffield where you live then,because the first lot of quite heavy snow we had was exactly two weeks tomorrow to be precise,and its continued falling on and off ever since till today.

I can't complain about the gritting on the main roads either,you can't expect them to keep repeatedly doing the side roads all the time in a City the size of Sheffield.

All things considered i think we should be praising! not complaining, and nature was a bit kinder to us today,it gave us a quicker thaw then we were expecting.

Archived