Missed bin collections

scargill

In an attempt to answer your question - possibly because your life consists of trying to decide on a forum who has a live. Making you quite oxymoronic?

Meanwhile I have a life, so my bin being emptied 2 days late is a non-issue and ISN'T a thing for me to be spending time making such a big fuss about.

As for bullying, well, I'm not the one picking on bin men working their days off to clean up your mess because they aren't whistling a cheery "hi ho".

I wonder if you are as ignorant as you are illiterate?

---------- Post added 28-01-2013 at 06:28 ----------

Do you suggest the bin men WALK to get your bin, wheel it away on foot to the recycling centre/tip/wherever, then walk back, get your neighbour's bin, and do the same?

Why do I have the feeling that you'd be moaning about stupidity of attempting to collect, had a bin lorry skidded on snow and trashed your car?

Oh, and I regularly walk 3.5 miles to work in all weathers. And I'm not late. Shame on your LAZY husband for not getting his backside out earlier - as you say, snow is no excuse for people not to do the work and hours they are contracted to do!

no, I suggest the walk 50 yards to the bin take it to the lorry, tip it, then repeat until they have done their jobs.

then they would have time to come around to your house and empty all your posts in their lorry, best place for all that rubbish you have written in this thread

I wonder if you are as ignorant as you are illiterate?

---------- Post added 28-01-2013 at 06:28 ----------

no, I suggest the walk 50 yards to the bin take it to the lorry, tip it, then repeat until they have done their jobs.

then they would have time to come around to your house and empty all your posts in their lorry, best place for all that rubbish you have written in this thread

Very cutting-Dorothy Parker would countenance the power of your pen.:hihi:

Really ?

Where would that be as down in Mosborough nothing appears to have moved.My Mothers bin is still very full, or was just over an hour ago.

Yes, I was surprised to see them working on a Sunday. The location is Moss Way/Galley Drive area, nr Crystal Peaks

Furious our blue bins on the street have been out over a week! The wind has now blown over my bin along with some others emptying it's contents all over the road blowing about in the wind. The bin men are now not needed as the bins are emptied but seems we need a force of 12 litter pickers to pick up the tin lids, bottles,glass,plastic, newspapers and magazines that have been blown onto the road before they get lodged into someones car tyre!

They were supposed to have been emptied last Wednesday. I've got rotting food and dirty nappies stacked in my kitchen, came home from work last night to find a fox round the bins so I daren't leave it outside. If the foxes are here, the rats can't be far behind.

I've complained to Veolia who said someone will call me back in 1o minutes... and guess what? they haven't.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere higher than Veolia to complain to?

Archived