Missed bin collections

scargill

I assume the link originally led to the page where Veolia explained they were moving all collections by one day to make up for not coming out on Monday, and that missed collections last Friday would be prioritised. This promise has since disappeared from the website.

It appears likely that Veolia will wait to see how big a stink we create before they tell us what they intend to do.

At 7pm last night the link led to a page that said today's collections would be done as normal and the ones that had been missed would be done asap.

That info has gone off their website now.

Postcode Gazette are still reporting that collections are to be done a day later than normal.

I've dragged mine up to the main road anyway cos they wont be coming on ours for a few days at least.

Back on the website :

News Alert!

Due to the ongoing presence of snow and ice on many roads and pavements, waste and recycling collections have been significantly disrupted this week due to it being unsafe to operate the service and gain safe access.

Residents are advised that if they were due a collection Friday 18 January, Monday 21 January or Tuesday 22 January and their containers have not yet been emptied, to leave their bins and boxes out for collection. We will be making further attempts to empty these containers today and later in the week, as and when it is safe to do so.

If your collection is due today, Wednesday 23 January, please put your containers out for emptying as normal.

Sheffield’s five Household Waste Recycling Centres are open as normal. Please click here to confirm opening times

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

For more updates on our services during times of bad weather, please visit: http://www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield or call: 0114 273 4567. If you are a Twitter user and wish to follow us then you can find the ‘Recycle4Sheffield’ profile page at: http://www.twitter.com/recycle4shef.

:rant:Mine was missed yesterday, I can understand that although the road was passable, the road parallel have a different collection day and that was done today. They passed the top and bottom of our road and even reversed into it to turn around but did not collect. That I don't really understand.:rant:

Archived