Missed bin collections

scargill

Furious our blue bins on the street have been out over a week! The wind has now blown over my bin along with some others emptying it's contents all over the road blowing about in the wind. The bin men are now not needed as the bins are emptied but seems we need a force of 12 litter pickers to pick up the tin lids, bottles,glass,plastic, newspapers and magazines that have been blown onto the road before they get lodged into someones car tyre!

Would it not have been easier to return the bin to your property and place it at the roadside as required.

Would it not have been easier to return the bin to your property and place it at the roadside as required.

Not all properties are on the roadside. Ours isn't. When I rang to see when they were coming to empty it they told me to leave it where I usually leave it and it will be emptied in due course. And it was.

Not all properties are on the roadside. Ours isn't. When I rang to see when they were coming to empty it they told me to leave it where I usually leave it and it will be emptied in due course. And it was.

I've just had the same conversation I asked them if they could give me an idea of when the bins would be emptied as I would take mine in and she said sometime this week we now have bins blowing over and spilling the contents all over the road.

Archived