Missed bin collections

scargill

Your council tax hasn't gone up in 3 years. So your first comment is wrong. Have you phoned up to find out why its not been emptied? that would surely be the firstcourse of action action. action.

Thankfully your advice to phone the council was the first thing we did. After the initial response been a helpful '1 day later' we waited. And then waited some more. Called them again today as the last we heard it was been collected the day after normal. Now the response is 'hopefully this week'.

And as we moved areas our council tax did rise and given the bin collections have gone fortnightly we are getting half as many collections for our money so in theory yes it has gone up. 3 bands plus less collections.

Poor planning seems to be creating a bigger mess than is neccessary. ANy other tips on my points I should take notice of?

---------- Post added 28-01-2013 at 19:09 ----------

Why do we seem to accept poor service delivery here?

If this was you and you had a parcel on order to be delivered by CityLink (for example) and they couldn't deliver for 1 day because of snow would you then be happy to wait another week for delivery? A delivery and service which you have paid for afterall.

I dont get why there isnt more pressure been put on our services here.

Thats surprised me as in your earlier post you claimed the bins had been left out.

"Furious our blue bins on the street have been out over a week! The wind has now blown over my bin along with some others emptying it's contents all over the road blowing about in the wind. The bin men are now not needed as the bins are emptied but seems we need a force of 12 litter pickers to pick up the tin lids, bottles,glass,plastic, newspapers and magazines that have been blown onto the road before they get lodged into someones car tyre!"

it actually says our blue bins have been out on the street... they have! (during acceptable working hours 7am-7pm) nowhere does it say they have been left out however it makes no difference at all they still had to be out on the street to be emptied! Problem solved now, it has been emptied just unfortunate for every other resident in the area as the now have gardens, paths and a road full of litter.

Will they take extra bags if you leave them at the side of bin? As been 3 weeks since they collected ours

For the third time............ yes !

They WILL take extra sacks from the side of your bin !

I can't believe that folk are still banging on about bins ! Have you nothing else in your life to moan about - lucky you !

Archived