Missed bin collections

scargill

... I will be working out how to put you on ignore and would appreciate it if you'd return the favour.

That would be better than you responding in a personal manner to earlier posts. Which had the decency to challenge you upfront. Evidently slagging off people who aren't on here calling them lazy (and later, masked swearing, if I were petty I'd be reporting that) but behind their backs is better?

However I singled out your post because it was giving people totally false impressions of the situation, and it might be more helpful to all if you didn't confuse people reading the thread by spreading misinformation about collections being cancelled and randomly swapped around which is, as my factual post shows, is false, misleading, inaccurate and quite unhelpful.

So go ahead, report the post giving the facts. As it's spoiling a good rant.

My Control Panel > Edit Ignore List. There you go

What nonsense!

What do you hope to achieve by peddling misinformation and twaddle? The answer is simple and clear, and is available for anyone with internet access to view quickly and easily.:

Residents are advised that if they are still waiting for a collection from last week, to leave their bins and boxes out until they have been emptied.

The snow and ice on roads and pavements meant that last week's waste and recycling collections were significantly disrupted. Planned catch-up collections over the weekend were further disrupted due to heavy snow.

Throughout the week, additional bin crews and vehicles are being brought in to clear all remaining collections.

Please be advised that bin and box collections due this week are taking place as normal.

So, just leave your black bin out if that is the one that is late, until it is collected. And it will have no bearing, neither heads nor tails, upon your blue bin collection

BULLY

Everybody is allowed on opinion or viewpoint and if you don't like it ,lump it .

What nonsense!

What do you hope to achieve by peddling misinformation and twaddle? The answer is simple and clear, and is available for anyone with internet access to view quickly and easily.:

Residents are advised that if they are still waiting for a collection from last week, to leave their bins and boxes out until they have been emptied.

The snow and ice on roads and pavements meant that last week's waste and recycling collections were significantly disrupted. Planned catch-up collections over the weekend were further disrupted due to heavy snow.

Throughout the week, additional bin crews and vehicles are being brought in to clear all remaining collections.

Please be advised that bin and box collections due this week are taking place as normal.

So, just leave your black bin out if that is the one that is late, until it is collected. And it will have no bearing, neither heads nor tails, upon your blue bin collection

I would suggest you and twaddle are close bedfellows, the binmen should work back the time asap, not be picking the bins up a week later, the snow was here for a few days, maybe I will start paying my council tax a week late, not forgetting since the fortnight collections started they have been late more often than on time.

BULLY

Everybody is allowed on opinion or viewpoint and if you don't like it ,lump it .

An opinion is one thing, misinformation is another and doesn't help people wanting to know what is ACTUALLY happening with their bins. Not an "I think.." or an "in my opinion".

"I think Veolia are handling this ineffectively" is an opinion

"Bins are going to be emptied by the toss of a coin" is at best a mistake.

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 20:28 ----------

I would suggest you and twaddle are close bedfellows, the binmen should work back the time asap, not be picking the bins up a week later, the snow was here for a few days, maybe I will start paying my council tax a week late, not forgetting since the fortnight collections started they have been late more often than on time.

I showed you where the ignore button was.

Of course, simply regard the post you quoted giving instruction and advice from an official source as twaddle.

Think about it for a moment...if the ENTIRE bin crew worked on clearing the backlog, who would be dealing with the currently scheduled collections? That would just be cancelling the missed collection and shifting the schedule.

The drivers can only drive so many hours a day, to do otherwise would be breaching safety regulations and the law.

Delaying your council tax payment is unlikely to be noticed as the whole system is computerised.I cannot see how you allow the punctuality and frequency of bin collection to determine your mood and quality of life.Why notwork a few weeks on the bins and see life from another person's perspective?

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 20:57 ----------

BULLY

In which case why are you questioning the opinion cited in your comment-it is a little contradictory.Are you related to Butterball?

An opinion is one thing, misinformation is another and doesn't help people wanting to know what is ACTUALLY happening with their bins. Not an "I think.." or an "in my opinion".

"I think Veolia are handling this ineffectively" is an opinion

"Bins are going to be emptied by the toss of a coin" is at best a mistake.

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 20:28 ----------

I showed you where the ignore button was.

Of course, simply regard the post you quoted giving instruction and advice from an official source as twaddle.

Think about it for a moment...if the ENTIRE bin crew worked on clearing the backlog, who would be dealing with the currently scheduled collections? That would just be cancelling the missed collection and shifting the schedule.

The drivers can only drive so many hours a day, to do otherwise would be breaching safety regulations and the law.

veolia and the council are failing the community, fact and opinion.

"I showed you where the ignore button was" arrogance and ignorance.

they could work a bit faster after the easy days they have had recently

you talk twaddle is the only official thing you have said.

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 21:03 ----------

Delaying your council tax payment is unlikely to be noticed as the whole system is computerised.I cannot see how you allow the punctuality and frequency of bin collection to determine your mood and quality of life.Why notwork a few weeks on the bins and see life from another person's perspective?

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 20:57 ----------

In which case why are you questioning the opinion cited in your comment-it is a little contradictory.Are you related to Butterball?

delaying payment was not meant literally, I thought that was obvious

veolia and the council are failing the community, fact and opinion.

"I showed you where the ignore button was" arrogance and ignorance.

they could work a bit faster after the easy days they have had recently

you talk twaddle is the only official thing you have said.

Come on roll your sleeves up and help yourself-the bin men serve all households not just Chez Butterball:hihi:

Come on roll your sleeves up and help yourself-the bin men serve all households not just Chez Butterball:hihi:

all the bins were moved to the end of the street to help the binmen so the didn't even need to come near our houses, sorry but they get paid to work in all weathers and have quieter days and busier ones, they need to pull their fingers out along with their managers and all do their jobs.

they don't have to do just "chez butterball", but they do still have to do it in a timely manner, this isn't timely

Personally, I'd rather not have drivers rushing around in heavy vehicles on residential streets, and bin men swinging bins around by the roadside near my car and those of neighbours.

A few days tardiness emptying bins is far less inconvenient than damaged property or injured persons

The bins will all be emptied over the next few days, people will wake up, and the world will, in fact, still be here!

all the bins were moved to the end of the street to help the binmen so the didn't even need to come near our houses, sorry but they get paid to work in all weathers and have quieter days and busier ones, they need to pull their fingers out along with their managers and all do their jobs.

they don't have to do just "chez butterball", but they do still have to do it in a timely manner, this isn't timely

Wait till the lads call a strike!:o

Archived