Missed bin collections

scargill

Blue bins are being collected on the tuesday round at Stocksbridge today

im in stocksbridge and still not been collected? looks like both bins will be out :gag:

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 17:18 ----------

Everyone up here on the Stubbin are still waiting.

Are you on the bottom main road?

im still waiting aswell, im just off cedar road, its ridiculous! if they say its going to be a day late then i expect it to be done on the day they said! roads are fine up here so i dont get whats holding them up? i saw two violia lorrys heading our way on wednesday just gone and not one has been an emptied our bin! i hope they dont moan about extra bags at side! because they will be taking them! :gag: x

We were told years ago that some roads, and our cul-de-sac inparticular, are not emptied because the of the risk of the large, heavy bin lorries sliding into parked cars.

The cost of repairs would be enormous. Is it really the end of the world if your bin isn't emptied during this bad weather? Or is it possible that the binmen maybe out gritting? I don't know, but I don't suppose that the gritters only do that job they must be pulled off other jobs.

By the way, it's snowing heavily in Woodhouse now.

Archived