Has anyone had acupuncture ?

I too recommend George Chia in Broomhall. I went to him after months of low back pain and months of physiotherapy and osteopathy. After 3 sessions the pain began to disappear. After 6 it had gone. In the 6 months after that I had 3 "top-up" sessions. This was 4 years ago and (touch wood) I've been fine since.

OH went to him for tennis elbow when the cortisone injections prescribed by the NHS didn't work. The effect was immediate. Mr Chia is on Wilkinson St - number is in the Yellow Pages or pm me. I can't tell you what a difference he's made to my life.

• 1 month later...

I started acupuncture at a Private Clinic last week. I've only had one session so far, so it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

To be honest, I didn't find the needles too painful at all. If anything, I found the whole thing quite relaxing - though I had had a busy week, and if I'm given the opportunity to sit in a quiet, temperature controlled room and focus on nothing, then I'll be off to sleep in a jiffy. :)

• 1 year later...
Saw the programme too. I've had headaches for over 3 years and so far the doctors, chiropractors, physio's and osteopaths have not been able to shift it. It's time I tried acupuncture. Any more recommended practitioners in Sheffield ?

Hi!

I know a woman in Gleadless Town End. She is from Sweden and have had practiced in China at the end of a 3 years education. She is good. Her name is Ann-Louise Danielsson, (239 0022 to the clinic)

Yes, my doctor was a trained accupuncturist (sorry I'm not so good at spelling). He gave it to me for free in my doctors sessions. I had IBS and was getting really bad nausea that was really disruptive of my life and I was really tired all the time.

He used to stick one needle in the end of my big toe and one in my wrist. It felt crazy, like really intense pins and needles all in one spot- being tapped in the nerve with a pin feels mental- but in a good way.

Afterwards I will full of beans and felt like I had a lot more energy. It made me quite hyper. My doctor said that was really normal and he showed me in a book about acupuncture that it gives you more energy. I wouldn't be able to afford to pay for it, but having it for free is awesome :)

Archived