HMV = Daylight Robbery

Did you get what you wanted in the end?

Nope, got banned from the shop and was told if i kicked off again i'd be banned from Meadowhall. Did cost them quite a few sales by highlighting their returns policy to prospective customers which gave me some satisfaction, no joy on getting my £40 back though. :D

Nope, got banned from the shop and was told if i kicked off again i'd be banned from Meadowhall. Did cost them quite a few sales by highlighting their returns policy to prospective customers which gave me some satisfaction, no joy on getting my £40 back though. :D

Maybe we should meet up and do some shop bashing together, sort out those corrupt managers.

Right, just been in town with my bank statement and showed an HMV supervisor, gave them what for in diplomatic terms and he fully understands my plight, I basically told him all my concerns and he basically said the HMV website runs as a separate entity compared to the stores, that if it is shut down which is what it is they said it is all down to the administrators, he gave me their contact details number/e-mail and told me to chase it up with them.

He also said that different things are happening with the stores day by day and that if/when the website becomes active again then they should reset all pending orders and clear out the back log, I said I got an e-mail shortly after my purchase saying it is on its way, but 2 weeks has passed and nothing. He said it could have been sent but lost in the post, I said it sounds like they are passing the buck on to the royal mail, he said with the new interest in saving the business that it could be another 2 weeks waiting time, I said that is a month after purchase and sounds crap, I said it is a good job they did not go in to admin before Xmas as they would be up poo poo creek with orders and complaining customers 10 deep, he agreed, I asked for a refund or items to the value of and he said he could not do that and I said that was very very poor, I said what is to stop me from picking up items to the value of and walking out, he said that would then be theft, I said well I have paid for it, he basically was not having any of it and was amazingly evasive.

So, looks like I should count my losses and roger HMV up their v-hole.

Brilliant advice on how to get arrested.

I would get arrested and state my case that I paid for goods and didn't receive them so went down to the store and got goods to the value of the money I paid from stores still open and trading and than see what the court says.

In this economic climate people can't afford to lose money and than be expected to take it on the chin, some may but I'm not one of them.

I would get arrested and state my case that I paid for goods and didn't receive them so went down to the store and got goods to the value of the money I paid from stores still open and trading and than see what the court says.

In this economic climate people can't afford to lose money and than be expected to take it on the chin, some may but I'm not one of them.

I agree with some of your points here, but the fact is that when shops sell the gift vouchers, they already have the money up front so to speak. So, if they go into admin like HMV, they just refuse to accept them, which means they've got money and not giving any goods back.

I know its wrong and immoral, that's one of the reasons we never buy "gift vouchers" for people.

Archived