British citizen faces death penalty in Indonesia.

I see British grandmother Linsay Sandiford has been sentenced to death by firing squad in Indonesia for drug smuggling.

Out of all the options for the death penalty in the modern world, which would you choose if you had to choose one? Which would be the least savoury option as far as you're concerned?

Don't forget 'modern' world includes beheadings and stoning......nice.

Lindsey sandiford, a British middle aged woman from gloucestershire is facing death by firing squad for smuggling 4.8kg of Cocaine.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21137649

Sounds a bit harsh (although I don't actually think it will happen) but as there's a big sign at the airport saying drug dealers will be executed is it case of "their gaff, their rules".

I know I shouldn't laugh but I did find it mildly amusing that one of the reasons the death sentence was give is because it "damaged the image of Bali as a tourist destination". I'm not sure shooting people helps.

I know I shouldn't laugh but I did find it mildly amusing that one of the reasons the death sentence was give is because it "damaged the image of Bali as a tourist destination". I'm not sure shooting people helps.

Indeed, I've always been put off from some of these eastern locations for that reason. Not that I'm a drugs mule or anything, but there's always the chance someone slips something into your possessions. In fact it seems me to be a more likely occurrence in these places; as risk averse smugglers would most likely want someone else to 'carry the can'

Archived