British citizen faces death penalty in Indonesia.

you read too many thrillers i think!! i have been going to the far east for 20 odd years,in many places some good and some bad had dealings with various authorities business wise never ever had a sniff of corruption!

You're a lucky lad then. I've seen corruption as close to home as Bulgaria (our "EU partners" and from China to India to Pakistan. The East runs on corruption, you've been very lucky indeed if you have been doing business there without encountering any.

So you pick up your case from the baggage conveyor.. and you can magically tell what's inside it eh?

You should be on telly with those powers...

so from packing your own bag and putting it through security............somewhere between there and your point of arrival there are what " little pixies loading you up with 3kg of marching powder"......far fetched much! couriers know they are couriers for what ever reason, easy money (they think or are told) debt to be paid off etc etc

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 22:28 ----------

You're a lucky lad then. I've seen corruption as close to home as Bulgaria (our "EU partners" and from China to India to Pakistan. The East runs on corruption, you've been very lucky indeed if you have been doing business there without encountering any.

we are talking about "authorities" corruption here not business, in business there is always corruption especially in pakistan>

so from packing your own bag and putting it through security............somewhere between there and your point of arrival there are what " little pixies loading you up with 3kg of marching powder"......far fetched much! couriers know they are couriers for what ever reason, easy money (they think or are told) debt to be paid off etc etc

Do you have reading comprehension issues or are you simply trolling now?

Those 'little pixies' are organised drug trafficking gangs, that are very adept at what they do.. and I did point you to a link that would suggest it does happen..

hell even the japanese customs officers have been at it...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2008/05/26/japan-drugdog.html

Would be interesting if the passenger who was carrying the drugs the dog missed was heading to Indonesia eh..

So yeah really far fetched! :hihi::loopy::loopy::hihi::huh::loopy:

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 22:28 ----------

we are talking about "authorities" corruption here not business, in business there is always corruption especially in pakistan>

Do you not want to offer some comment on the link posted?

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/8/prweb9784201.htm

if only to say you think it's all made up- but at least do attempt to address it in some way: posts made up primarily of a 'loopy' smiley don't do much to advance your 'argument'

sorry you really dont get it do you? commit a crime in another country then be prepared to be punished by their laws simple! she knew exactly what she was doing and all this do gooder handwringing on tv by "support" organisations like "reprieve & Liberty" et all doesnt wash! the old story of mental illness and threats etc .......well she would say that wouldnt she:loopy:

I get it 100%, it's you that seems to struggling to grasp the concept!!

If she's guilty, punish her. All I'm saying is that the death penalty is way over the top. And I'm also trying to point out that I'm against the death penalty, in ALL cases. That's all........get it??

---------- Post added 24-01-2013 at 07:11 ----------

So you pick up your case from the baggage conveyor.. and you can magically tell what's inside it eh?

You should be on telly with those powers...

Hmmmmmm...........Wait a minute......This suitcase feels approximately 4.8 kilos heavier that it did before it went on the plane!!

Wait, is that cocaine I can smell?!?!?

or you could try thinking a little bit yourself...

The 'point' would be... drugs traffickers that don't actually want to run the risk of getting caught with the stuff themselves are planting the stuff in suitcases etc while they are out of sight of the respective owners (in baggage handling etc), so that those people become their unwitting mules.. blissfully unaware they're wandering towards customs with a bag full of coke, and a potential death penalty.

I take it if this happened to you you'd be happy to accept a bullet?

And don't tell me this doesn't happen, because it does...

All the cases in that link involve women who have stupidly carried a bag through for someone else or one that was packed by somebody else. Hence the question at every baggage check in- are these bags yours and did you pack them yourself? A truthful response there would have saved a lot of trouble. Unfortunately there is no remedy for stupidity. Its Darwins Law

All the cases in that link involve women who have stupidly carried a bag through for someone else or one that was packed by somebody else. Hence the question at every baggage check in- are these bags yours and did you pack them yourself? A truthful response there would have saved a lot of trouble. Unfortunately there is no remedy for stupidity. Its Darwins Law

Yes, kill stupid people!

Or even sensible people who make a stupid mistake, kill them too!

:roll:

I get it 100%, it's you that seems to struggling to grasp the concept!!

If she's guilty, punish her. All I'm saying is that the death penalty is way over the top. And I'm also trying to point out that I'm against the death penalty, in ALL cases. That's all........get it??

---------- Post added 24-01-2013 at 07:11 ----------

Hmmmmmm...........Wait a minute......This suitcase feels approximately 4.8 kilos heavier that it did before it went on the plane!!

Wait, is that cocaine I can smell?!?!?

Having had the wherewithall and organisation to be in a position to carry out these actions, I think it might occur to them to take some stuff out of the suitcase? Not exactly rocket science. Although after a long airline flight, I'd doubt you'd really notice the difference in weight if they didn't bother. if I can think it through I'm pretty sure motivated, and determined traffickers can...

And as far as I'm aware.. sealed bags of cocaine don't give of wafts of pungent smelling odours..

Unfortunately there is no remedy for stupidity. Its Darwins Law

So you think being a bit dim, or a lapse of judgement deserves being shot?

Not to mention the link I posted with the Japanese Custom officers was nothing of the sort.. illegal random planting of drugs to 'test' a sniffer dog which didn't manage to sniff out the drugs (and this a drug that is known for it's pungent smell)... you'd be happy on arrival in Indonesia after leaving Japan, to take a bullet for some drugs that had been planted by some iffy customs officials?

Those links I posted btw, are just what I found after a very brief and cursory look... I dare say based on that, If I had the motivation (which I don't) there'd be a whole lot more waiting to be dismissed as people being a bit silly :rolleyes:

The thing is most of this stuff will only come to light if they are caught... in which case, it's the usual cries of 'oh yeah that old defence'.. or they're found guilty anyway; I mean just how do you prove you didn't put something into your suitcase?

Yes, kill stupid people!

Or even sensible people who make a stupid mistake, kill them too!

:roll:

These people risked the lives of everybody on board the aircraft. Their 'friend' could have packed a bomb in their luggage.

---------- Post added 24-01-2013 at 11:05 ----------

Having had the wherewithall and organisation to be in a position to carry out these actions, I think it might occur to them to take some stuff out of the suitcase? Not exactly rocket science. Although after a long airline flight, I'd doubt you'd really notice the difference in weight if they didn't bother. if I can think it through I'm pretty sure motivated, and determined traffickers can...

And as far as I'm aware.. sealed bags of cocaine don't give of wafts of pungent smelling odours..

So you think being a bit dim, or a lapse of judgement deserves being shot?

Not to mention the link I posted with the Japanese Custom officers was nothing of the sort.. illegal random planting of drugs to 'test' a sniffer dog which didn't manage to sniff out the drugs (and this a drug that is known for it's pungent smell)... you'd be happy on arrival in Indonesia after leaving Japan, to take a bullet for some drugs that had been planted by some iffy customs officials?

Those links I posted btw, are just what I found after a very brief and cursory look... I dare say based on that, If I had the motivation (which I don't) there'd be a whole lot more waiting to be dismissed as people being a bit silly :rolleyes:

No and nor would I enjoy 50 years in some Indonesian hell hole prison. But it would be fairly easy for me to cast reasonable doubt on me being a genuine drug smuggler. The woman in question couldnt. probably mainly because she associated with known players in the drugs underworld.

Archived