100,000 homes to be built from disused offices..

A story to put a smile on the face of Chem1st perhaps ???

Tens of thousands of desperately needed new homes will be created in London under plans to let developers turn office blocks into flats.

Government officials believe that up to 40,000 flats could be created in London and the South-East in a rush to put under-used commercial space to better use. In total, England could get more than 100,000 homes.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/100000-new-homes-will-be-built-in-disused-offices-8461605.html

I am angered. I had started a thread on this issue already. I have been censored, and another good thread has been locked.

I'm getting sick and tired of wasting my time researching things and posting on this forum, I spend a lot of time typing and researching threads to try and make this forum a place for sensible debate/more interesting/diverse. FWIW I feel inclined to tend towards trolling or stopping posting altogether, for I care not it if such posts are removed.

People do not have to click on my threads, nor do they have to contribute, but when they do, I would expect the forum would allow for them to have reasoned debate and drive traffic to this site.

I am angered. I had started a thread on this issue already. I have been censored, and another good thread has been locked.

I'm getting sick and tired of wasting my time researching things and posting on this forum, I spend a lot of time typing and researching threads to try and make this forum a place for sensible debate/more interesting/diverse. FWIW I feel inclined to tend towards trolling or stopping posting altogether, for I care not it if such posts are removed.

People do not have to click on my threads, nor do they have to contribute, but when they do, I would expect the forum would allow for them to have reasoned debate and drive traffic to this site.

I chems defense (not something you'll see me say often) the threads could have been merged.

Back to the point in hand, I think quite alot of office space was created to make a quick buck for developers rather than to satisfy actual demand. Ditto 100,000 square ft warehousing - loads of it about. Very little of smaller warehousing for small businesses.

I chems defense (not something you'll see me say often) the threads could have been merged.

Thanks tinfoilhat.

My thread was removed before this one was started, and there was no reason for it to be removed.

And another has been locked.

And I did not break a single forum rule.

megalomaniac.

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 07:40 ----------

Back to the point in hand, I think quite alot of office space was created to make a quick buck for developers rather than to satisfy actual demand. Ditto 100,000 square ft warehousing - loads of it about. Very little of smaller warehousing for small businesses.

at least they`ll meet fire regs for HMO

Yes but will those homes have affordable rents especially as is down south.

What's needed is affordable rents and social housing instead of paying for private landlords to get rich from the taxpayer.

Bit narrow minded,I'm a private landlord,I don't take housing benefit's so dont see how I'm getting rich from taxpayers:confused:

Do you think I got my houses for nothing in the first place,or maybe I got these by hard work and not spending my hard earned cash on un-necessary crap ,crap which most of my tennants seem to think are essentials cos theyv'e seen someone else with it:loopy:

Archived