100,000 homes to be built from disused offices..

Back to the point in hand, I think quite alot of office space was created to make a quick buck for developers rather than to satisfy actual demand. Ditto 100,000 square ft warehousing - loads of it about. Very little of smaller warehousing for small businesses.

Couldn't agree more, but be careful you may get rounded up as a conspiracy theorist.

And I did not break a single forum rule.

You don't have to.

Considering the crap you get from posters i don't think I've seen you break one yet.

You may seem repetitive but better to be that than dead from the neck up. (I have a dog stuck up me backside..what shall I do?..opines!)

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 08:42 ----------

It seems a good idea but I reckon there may be parking issues.

I know people with 200k houses who have that issue. Get past the first hurdle I say.

Back to the point in hand, I think quite alot of office space was created to make a quick buck for developers rather than to satisfy actual demand. Ditto 100,000 square ft warehousing - loads of it about. Very little of smaller warehousing for small businesses.

The developer isnt going to make a quick buck if they cant find a tenant for their new office block. They are going to lose a few bucks. They'll only build if they believe or know the demand is there.

The developer isnt going to make a quick buck if they cant find a tenant for their new office block. They are going to lose a few bucks. They'll only build if they believe or know the demand is there.

I suppose things move on. The office blocks that they thought we would need are no longer needed because folk increasingly work from home.

There is a massive need for housing. Ironically some folk who move into the new flats may well be working online for companies who once rented the office space.

. Ditto 100,000 square ft warehousing - loads of it about. Very little of smaller warehousing for small businesses.

Maybe there's a business opportunity for someone there then? Buy one of these large scale warehouses and section it off into smaller units for small businesses to rent out

Maybe there's a business opportunity for someone there then? Buy one of these large scale warehouses and section it off into smaller units for small businesses to rent out

You'd think so, but they still want top dollar for them. Also you'd have to stick a floor right accross the middle of them or you'll end up with lots of 2000sq ft units with stupidly high 10m eves height. Once you faff around doing all that it's probably as cheap not to bother.

Big w is a case in point, sat there for years waiting for one big tennant.

Archived