100,000 homes to be built from disused offices..

Bit narrow minded,I'm a private landlord,I don't take housing benefit's so dont see how I'm getting rich from taxpayers:confused:

Do you think I got my houses for nothing in the first place,or maybe I got these by hard work and not spending my hard earned cash on un-necessary crap ,crap which most of my tennants seem to think are essentials cos theyv'e seen someone else with it:loopy:

All I can say is that you are probably in the minority as most private landlords are eager to take on benefit claimants as its a guaranteed income. Perhaps you could explain why you don't take them on?

I suppose it all boils down to what you find more important - a roof over your head or somewhere to park your car.

I don't own a car so its the roof every time.

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 17:26 ----------

Yes but will those homes have affordable rents especially as is down south.

What's needed is affordable rents and social housing instead of paying for private landlords to get rich from the taxpayer.

Many landlords are filling a vacuum left by the sale of council houses.The market rents could be subsidised to lower the rents and I am sure many private landlords would support this policy.

Thanks tinfoilhat.

My thread was removed before this one was started, and there was no reason for it to be removed.

And another has been locked.

And I did not break a single forum rule.

You have my sympathy....no doubt at some point you'll get the stock post telling you to contact the mods if you have a problem (room 101)...........however, back on topic.

Great idea, should be more ex office space converted to cheap temporary housing.

i'd be interested to know why office blocks seeem to get planning permission so easily when there are already loads of empty office blocks in a town / city.

Because councils up and down the country fall for "build it and they will come" line. There's often some government or eu grant money sloshing around somewhere if its big too.

i'd be interested to know why office blocks seeem to get planning permission so easily when there are already loads of empty office blocks in a town / city.

because they apply to built the correct thing in the correct area - working with the system, not against it.

The councils grant building consent because the new blocks produce an easy income stream for the council even if they are unoccupied,and in the past councillors like T. Dan Smith received illicit payments from architects and consultants.However I cannot imagine this happening in Sheffield.

Archived