Did you go to Wisewood school?

natzzz

I went and left in '84.

Who remembers Frank Ball, Mr Hodgkinson's wig, Mr Hook (batman!) Arthur Brewer to name but a few?

I left in 1975. I remember Mr Hook - we called him The Frog. I really liked Mr Brewer - he once helped me to write an essay. It was supposed to be called "Why I should not cheek my teacher", and we called it "Why should'nt I cheek my teacher?". It got me into more trouble, but it was worth it. He was really libertarian and started me off on the road to home educating my own children instead of sending them into authoritarian school :)

I also remember Mrs Wragg, Mrs Greenwood, Mr Turner, Mr Lilly, Mr Doyle, Mr Staff, Mr Hodgkinson, Mr Middleton, Mrs Warren, Mrs Ross, Mr Tizzard, Mr Crompton, Major Kaye and Mr Haydock to name a few.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Do you remember that every year, all the leavers would try and catch skiddy to shave his beard off - reyt laugh

I remember attaching a croc-clip to the bottom of Mr Greens blazer at the back without him knowing - he kept spinning round and brushing/scratching the back of his legs - took him about half an hour to notice lol.

I remember the other technical teacher, Mr Walton who turned up with odd shoes on (a brown brogue and a grey clarkes type shoe) - we noticed and took the michael big time - he reckoned it was part of an observation test, ha ha

I left in 91