Wedding reception venue?

hi there,

I'm really surprised they are quoting you 2k at Wood Lane??

We are getting married there on March 2nd, are paying £1400 (plus 500 for the cermony which won't affect you) and we get the whole place - 2 barns, green room and all the grounds from Friday 12pm to monday morning.

I've been really impressed whenever I have visited...

Hi Barleycorn,

We're using a PapaKata for our wedding in August. Don't suppose you have any pictures you'd be will to share of how you decorated inside? I'm looking for inspiration!

Pm me if so :)

Thanks,

Claire

Firstly congratulations. I don't have any to hand but if I remember I'll stick a couple on a picture sharing site.

In the main we left it to papakata to decorate, we went for...

Kung with flooring, lighting & premium chill out furnishings consisting of:

5 low tables,

5 lanterns,

8 bean cubes,

8 scandi floor cushions,

4 benches with reindeer skins,

sofa & 1 chair,

small fire (the small version of this). We also put out a large jar of marshmallows and some wooden skewers.

5 x Fairy lights (10m), it's best to get them from papakata so they can run them up the support beams when they put it up.

Rustic cake table (we used this for a digital Polaroid camera for folks to take photos).

Log basket

External matting to lead from the entrance to the Kung to the side of the Hotel.

We then supplied our own Shepherds crooks and lanterns to go down the sides of the external matting.

To finish off the décor we brought the pew ends from the church (bunches of lavender) and hung them up inside.

All in all it looked absolutely amazing, we ended up staying in it until 5 in the morning drinking the night away.

Total cost came to £1936, worth every penny.

They normally do an open day where you can go see several of them fully erected and discuss all your requirements. Last year it was here on the 28th Feb.

jb

Pics

8435715266_9d9b1dca8c.jpg

502_LR by barleycornjohn, on Flickr

8434632415_99d6aeb0af.jpg

503_LR by barleycornjohn, on Flickr

8435715486_7244af0ea5.jpg

504_LR by barleycornjohn, on Flickr

8434632161_e707dd15a1.jpg

511_LR by barleycornjohn, on Flickr

8435716902_67a8557b5f.jpg

646_LR by barleycornjohn, on Flickr

8434633533_a81960c7fa.jpg

648_LR by barleycornjohn, on Flickr

8435718116_6838722700.jpg

663_LR by barleycornjohn, on Flickr

Don't be deceived by the apparent low level of the opening, it's well over 6ft at it's apex so no ducking to get in.

Hi, I'm looking for ideas for a wedding reception venue. We're getting married in Italy but having a do when we get back.

Ideally, we'd love a barn type place where we can have our own bar and caterers etc. Or even a marquee I guess.

Anywhere in Sheffield area would work and needs to be for approx 100-120 people

Anyone got any ideas?

cubley hall penistone fantastic barn/gardens/room for marquee, but wont be needed.Ask for john

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
hi there,

I'm really surprised they are quoting you 2k at Wood Lane??

We are getting married there on March 2nd, are paying £1400 (plus 500 for the cermony which won't affect you) and we get the whole place - 2 barns, green room and all the grounds from Friday 12pm to monday morning.

I've been really impressed whenever I have visited...

Hi Riggers,

I hope your wedding in March went really well! I dont suppose you have any pics/info on how you did it you would mind sharing? Wood Lane is a venue I am considering but theres not so much info on the website?

Thanks x

pm me if you want me to email you a couple of photos. We did a wedding fayre there earlier this year. My photos are close ups of tables decorated with vintage china and bunting and a few decorated chairs against the stone walls.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived