What to do with old energy saving light bulbs?

Hi Everyone :D

Hope you've all been enjoying the snow...:nod:

Anyhoo....just a quickie...

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to recycle old energy saving light bulbs perchance?

I'm told they have mercury in them, so shouldn't be disposed of in household waste....and that supermarkets should provide an avenue for disposal.

I've not found anywherre that'll tek em tho....and my little pile of bulbs has been on the increase for last 6mos innit.

any ideas? :help:

Love as always

Sol

:)

It was blackstock road, only because I had fernox to get rid of that beighton don't take

Harestone - that's what annoys me about all this 'green' legislation - they're doing the environment MORE harm!

They sure are. Hardly a week passes now without someone with a van takes the easier solution and tips on our local field. :(

Vehicular discrimination. :mad:

I actually meant from the point of view of releasing mercury into the environment

I thought this thread was interesting as I bet the majority of householders don't even know they are harmful, and I bet there are some who do but don't care

Archived