What to do with old energy saving light bulbs?

Just chuck them in the bin. That's what I did with mine then bought old style incandescent bulbs from eBay. The only place I now use compact fluorescents are halls and landings. I didn't like their light and they don't heat the room in the same way as incandescents.

If you only have domestic low energy bulbs like the OP, Sainsburys and Homebase will take them

thanks for this!

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 13:18 ----------

ok bingo.....

http://www.recolight.co.uk/Blogs-News-Events/Recolight-in-the-News/Sainsburys-launches-groundbreaking-energy-saving-light-bulb-and-battery-recycling-facilities_26.htm

:banana:

thanks guys :D

Just throw them in the bin along with everything else, all of this recycling business is nonsense propogated by a bunch of niave, holier-than-thou, middle class, Craghopper clad, lentil munching Guardian readers.

You're not going to save the planet by driving your car down to the tip to get rid of a lightbulb while they allow India, China, the US et al to emit basically what they want into the atmosphere.

Just throw them in the bin along with everything else, all of this recycling business is nonsense propogated by a bunch of niave, holier-than-thou, middle class, Craghopper clad, lentil munching Guardian readers.

You're not going to save the planet by driving your car down to the tip to get rid of a lightbulb while they allow India, China, the US et al to emit basically what they want into the atmosphere.

I have been throwing them in the bin.

Thanks for making me feel less guilty for doing so.:hihi:

and that's an interesting question really isn't it.....

why and try to do something that you feel is right, if it's not going to make a blind bit of difference?

thing is....things like this, they gotta start somewhere...

"a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" an all

and if you choose not to give a crap about the world and what we're doing to it, well i guess that's your business...

but me, i gotta like myself....and in order to do that, i feel i gotta try

and when there's a whole bunch of 'feel i gotta trys' get together....well....good sh*t happens you know...

good sh*t happens man

gandhi woulda given up a long time ago, if he thought his single protest wouldn't count

and he liberated a nation

so i choose to disregard the lazy and the defeated....

and i choose to believe

and i choose to try

Archived