Favourite sitcoms during 70's/80's

mark1971

just out of interest i'd like to know what peoples favourite sitcoms were in the 70's/80's,they hardly make them like they use to.My favourite was ..........george & mildred,man about the house & mind your language.

Yeah that "French" bird in Mind Your Language was a bit of allright to my young mind.

Imagine the hell to play if it was shown nowadays. Indian hating the Pakistani, the Greek full of gold chains and hairy chest, the Italian fighting with the Spaniard etc. Wasn't there an uptight comedy German as well?

Yeah that "French" bird in Mind Your Language was a bit of allright to my young mind.

Imagine the hell to play if it was shown nowadays. Indian hating the Pakistani, the Greek full of gold chains and hairy chest, the Italian fighting with the Spaniard etc. Wasn't there an uptight comedy German as well?

hitaxman.

i used to enjoy watching "love thy neighbour" nearly always at war with each other , with only poor barbie and , the other wife slips my memory, sorry. no wonder they cant show these again , makes you laugh does'nt it

i think you called the wife kate, but not sure.

juliediane

One that's still going today although I actually think it's funnier now than I did in the 80's.

Suppose I've seen a bit more of life now hey.

"Last of the Summer Wine" gets my vote.

Yeah I remember Agony, with Maureen Lipman. Can't recall if it was any good though.

I like lots of the old sitcoms - Open All Hours, Rising Damp, Porridge, Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin, The Good Life. Classics.

We seem to have lost the knack of decent sitcoms these days, it's a shame (first person to mention My Family gets it). The Americans seem to have cornered the market somewhat.

just out of interest i'd like to know what peoples favourite sitcoms were in the 70's/80's,they hardly make them like they use to.My favourite was ..........george & mildred,man about the house & mind your language.

Those really made me squirm even back then so god knows what it would be like now watching them now!

I liked Porridge, The Liver Birds, Butterflies, Citizen Smith and The Young Ones.

hitaxman.

i used to enjoy watching "love thy neighbour" nearly always at war with each other , with only poor barbie and , the other wife slips my memory, sorry. no wonder they cant show these again , makes you laugh does'nt it

i think you called the wife kate, but not sure.

juliediane

Love thy neighbour was simply magnificent and all these politically correct loonies should be made to sit through every single episode at least 10 times. Perhaps they would then realise that, although the language might be irreverant, there was no evil intent meant by those who used it.

Bring back the days when you could say what you liked without the thought & speech police being summoned to examine what you may have uttered. ;):D

Archived