Favourite sitcoms during 70's/80's

mark1971

Ralph Bates (of Dear John) also played George Warleggan in Poldark.. not a sitcom but dead cheesy.

Other ones I remember were, apart from all the obvious ones

The Dustbinmen

Bless This House (Sid James)

The Gnomes of Dulwich (Terry Scott/Hugh Lloyd)

Citizen Smith

Steptoe & Son

Til Death do us Part (my mum loved this)

Butterflies (Wendy Craig)

Solo (Felicity Kendall)

My Wife Next Door (John Alderton)

Three up two down

Cuckoo in the nest

Never The Twain

Father Dear Father (Patrick Cargill)

All Gas & Gaiters (Derek Nimmo)

Oh Brother (Derek Nimmo.. again) oh,g'golly gosh... rubbish really.

Love watching any 70s 80s telly stuff just cos they remind me of younger times when everything seemed innocent and carefree.Remember watchin an episode of the Generation Game when a bloke won and his prize was 5 mins snoggin and groping the french bird from mind your language (serious),they even had the nerve to bring on his wife after they had finished,here face was priceless.

Fave prog from 80s was a kind of loving with joanne whalley (just because of her) and have been trying to find it on net for ages,if anyone can help would be well chuffed

• 1 month later...

I watched 'Dave Allen', he did funny skits, and he used to sit on a stool and drink a glass of whiskey while he talked! Deffinately 'Some Mother's Do Have 'Em', 'Rising Damp', 'Open All Hours', 'Man About the House' and 'The Goodies'...and I was a sucker for 'Morcolmbe and Wise'... still am :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived