Metal Thieves In Sheffield - New Tactics

I know a couple of years ago someone stole quite a number of the steel fence panels surrounding Thorncliffe Industral Estate. They must have turned up during the night with angle grinders and removed the panels from the park side of the fence.

It was done before the new CCTV camera for the flood remediation dam was up and running.

Regards

Doom

PS. Was it ever established whether the Churchill's tank was stolen or removed?

I know a couple of years ago someone stole quite a number of the steel fence panels surrounding Thorncliffe Industral Estate. They must have turned up during the night with angle grinders and removed the panels from the park side of the fence.

It was done before the new CCTV camera for the flood remediation dam was up and running.

Regards

Doom

PS. Was it ever established whether the Churchill's tank was stolen or removed?

I remember giving someone directions to somewhere from the Shell station nr McDonalds. I made a point of mentioning the tank, as aclear landmark as to where they were going. A couple of days later I drove past, only to see that the tank had gone. There's probably now some bloke talking about the idiot who thinks there's a tank on every corner.

The metal yards taking the drain covers in are just as bad as the scum stealing them.

Possibly, but!! not quite, cast iron can be broken down easily enough and mixed in/hidden; if you have a busy yard etc...

I've seen that sort of thing as a large sheet over temporary roadworks etc. Do they do the same for permanent covers that fit into a frame in the road?

Yes that's what our drain grates at the edge of the road have been replaced with. They look pretty much the same but stamped non metalic.

They nicked the cover off the drain in the woods where I walk the dog, very dangerous as it was surrounded by grass so someone or their pet could easily have fallen in. Was replaced with a concrete cover but a few weeks later this was smashed off, I think they thought there was a metal cover underneath, so it had to be re done again.

you said they, who are they ailians? did you see them,:huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived