Are You Addicted To Gambling? Own Up!

A blew 2 notes on the rouletty machine in Will Hills and lost the lot. Bloke next to me shoved 300 NOTES in and lost the lot in five mins. Another bloke was 150 notes up after winning and lost that in mins as well.

Bookmakers are full of mad people. I reckon someone should stop peeps gambling like this.

Opines?

I have never gambled. I won't even buy raffle tickets. I would rather just give the money away than subject myself to the stress of waiting to see whether I have won, discovering I haven't and kicking myself for being so thick as to think I might defy the odds.

And no, I have never bought a Lottery ticket either. Bread and circuses! Also, it brainwashes you into thinking that your life would be more exciting and rewarding if you won. You could spend your whole life thinking your life is substandard. I refuse to do that. My life is good and I'm glad of it.

I have never gambled. I won't even buy raffle tickets. I would rather just give the money away than subject myself to the stress of waiting to see whether I have won, discovering I haven't and kicking myself for being so thick as to think I might defy the odds.

And no, I have never bought a Lottery ticket either. Bread and circuses! Also, it brainwashes you into thinking that your life would be more exciting and rewarding if you won. You could spend your whole life thinking your life is substandard. I refuse to do that. My life is good and I'm glad of it.

So, in the off chance that you did play the lottery - would you give the money away?

If Alice played the lottery more than likely her whole perception would be different to that already explained..and probably wouldn't give it away.

That's too cerebral for my head tonight.

---------- Post added 23-01-2013 at 23:07 ----------

I'm in the same mind as melthebell, I think it's the maths of it all that puts me off - it's not designed for the normal guy to win.

but if people still wanna do it, I guess it's their money and it's a free country.

I went to a Casio in Sheffield and some use the maths and won lots.

never gambled, doesnt interest me in the slightest, never done the lottery, dont even know how really

back in the 80s in the arcades id always play pacman or space invaders rather than the gamblers

Snap, although I will admit to backing one horse 30ish years ago and winning a £10. so I am one of the few people that can claim to be up from gambling.

Archived