Asian restaurant on Ecclesall Rd

rob123

That's it ! Thanks a lot. I've always rated the food there so I'll take a chance next week and see what changes, if any, his retirement makes.

Will you post back on here what you think - I haven't been for ages either and if it has gone downhill then I will strike it off my lovely curry list. Ta.

I used to rate the Ashoka (in fact I lived on Pomona Street right behind it - that smell wafting over constantly was too much to resist) but I've not been for years. I did go to Ayeshas a couple of months back and thought that was excellent though.

Isn't there another one on the same road ? Not Ayesha, or Ashoka, I don't think. The owner is still working, and u get the odd footballer or manager in there sometimes. I can't remember the name...but I don't think it's Ashoka, cos their windows are see-through ?

Hi guys.

You want to get yourselves down to Mangla on Spital Hill - not the nicest of areas, but the food and price are well worth the trip.

Open kitchen and last time we went 9 of us had starters, mains etc... and the bill came to £40!!

Oh, and it's BYO booze too

Went to Ashoka last night. 6 of us had two courses each, couple of beers/wines, £101 for the bill. Service a bit shaky (at first they said we hadn't reserved a table but they did say that was not a problem and set a table for six. Later on they confirmed we had booked) and slow but the food was excellent and the waiters and owner were very friendly without being overbearing . The old guy has retired but pops in every week to make sure it's still upto his standard. IMO much better than Ayeshas and more convenient where we live than Manglas.

Archived