What do you think Sheffield is missing, or at least lacking?

Jas332

In terms of eating out? It seems to me that while eating out in the city has certainly improved over the years; we seem to lag behind the times in relation to similar size cities... Manchester and even Leeds (spits on floor) seem to have a much more vibrant restaurant scene than us!? Don't get me wrong, I love Sheffield, but I do think we have too many "same old same old" chain pubs/coffee shops and restaurants.... What in particular do people think is missing from the city? If anything at all....

Not related to eating out - but I never understood why other cities could maintain a real independent record shop (Manchester has Piccadilly - Leeds has Crash), yet Sheffield seems to struggle by with Record Collector located way up on Broomhill?

er.... comes with cheap parking across the road! what more could you want?

sheffield has an added dimension to eating out...... puking out! judging by the mess some city streets get in.

Would it be too much to ask for a first class steakhouse ?

I agree with you - it shouldn't be too much to ask. But it is. And the reason why it is, is because it wouldn't be valued by the majority. We're too obsessed with "cheap" I'm afraid.

Oh btw - I think there have been one or two "decent" incomers recently. e.g. La Vaca - which I think is ok - nothing special - but for this city it is probably as good as we've got.

er.... comes with cheap parking across the road! what more could you want?

I have no problem with Record Collector - I've spent a lot of time and money there over the years, and will very likely continue to do so for many more.

It's great for getting hold of second hand CDs reasonably cheap - and the same for vinyl (especially 7" singles). However, if you're looking for a new release, you could have to wait up to two or three weeks after its actual official release date to see it there, by which point I've lost patience and either got it from Piccadilly in Manchester or Amazon.

As I said, Record Collector is good at what it does - so it shouldn't change, but a real indie record shop needs to emerge in the city centre.

I agree with you - it shouldn't be too much to ask. But it is. And the reason why it is, is because it wouldn't be valued by the majority. We're too obsessed with "cheap" I'm afraid.

Oh btw - I think there have been one or two "decent" incomers recently. e.g. La Vaca - which I think is ok - nothing special - but for this city it is probably as good as we've got.

Been tempted by this place for a while, living opposite side of sheffield has deterred us so far though.

I know it is lame question, but what would you give it out of 10?

Archived