Cricket ground needed 2013 onwards

ndtman

Help needed.

Our cricket ground will be closing tomorrow and our club are on the lookout for a ground for next season (2013) onwards.

we play in the Doncaster and Sheffield Alliance at weekends and midweek in Rotherham league.

we are a club with a first and second team weekends and a midweek team.

groundshare offers or full occupancy considered.

Try Sheffield Transport Sports Club on 0114 2374130, currently the bottom cricket pitch was planned to be used for croquet only next season so is available saturdays and midweek.

Caroline is the manager you need to discuss with or if you want to view speak to Bob on 0114 2373216. Feel free to message me on STCC@live.co.uk

JaKS, thanks for that. I'll pass that on to our Chairman.

PlusPro, I think Collegiate may be a bit above our standard, but you never know.

Thanks again to both.

To anyone who didn't or doesn't know, Firth Rixson Aurora Sports Club has closed its doors for the last time.

It has been our home cricket ground for the last 12 seasons. Along with ourselves, Rotherham Hockey Club and Brinsworth Whitehill JFC are now homeless.

Another sad day for local sports and social.

Frank1985, Nowt wrong with Ecco park. The odd bit of dogpoop to avoid when running a sneaky single, but played on far worse :D. The problem is facilities. A certain standard is needed nowadays or it gets frowned upon.

JaKS, I believe contact has been made. Once again, thank you for reading and replying.

Why has it closed its doors?

Does that mean the whole site or and are they building on the land like most places around.

You've no chance of Collegiate unless you don't play Saturdays as they have 5 saturday teams so actually hire other grounds for the 5th team.

It's closed, lock stock and barrel. No longer viable as a business. I hate to say that a lack of investment probably didn't help either. What was one of the best sports complex in its prime has gone to the wall and Will probably become another faceless housing estate.

Archived