Where do you get your car washed?

Sony

Treat your pride and joy to be professionally cleaned/clayed or machine polished once and covered in proper protection wax/sealant (not a £1-2 extra for speed wax/polish that lasts a week if lucky) that will keep it cleaner for longer and then do the maintenance washes yourself or get a professional company to keep it looking its best by using safe washing techniques.

And roughly how much are you likely to pay for that treatment?

I always use Sainsburys £5 - you dont leave the keys and they wash while you shop. .

How do they wash it properly without the keys? Unless you leave it unlocked.

You stay sat inside like you would with an automatic car wash.

Not if you're inside shopping you don't, or am I missing something?

And roughly how much are you likely to pay for that treatment?

All prices/services are on website (http://www.revolutionrides.co.uk) but all services can be tailored to requirements e.g. if you just want the outside doing it would be cheaper.

As an example though an outside wash and claybar which is used to remove black tar spots and iron fallout (yellow spots noticeable on white cars) leaving the paint smooth (if you have ever felt the paintwork when wet and it feels rough mainly on bonnet and bottom of doors that it the tar and fall out) then 2 layers of hard wax on a medium sized car I could do for £65 to anyone on SF.

HTH

What's wrong with everyone these days? :rant:

Are you all too idle to get out there with a bucket and sponge and clean your own car?

You come on here complaining about the price of things and asking where is the cheapest place to buy <any household item>, but you will happily pay a fiver to someone for waving a damp rag over your pride and joy!

Are you all afraid of getting your hands dirty? Is washing your own car beneath you?

You people make me so mad!

Switch your PC off and get out there and get some exercise and save yourself some money at the same time.

I would never dream of paying someone to wash my car - Mrs Bloke does an excellent job on our Metro every few weeks! :D

Bollix to that!

I get enough exercise at the gymn and I'm not to keen on getting my hands cold and wet for the sake of 7 quid for someone else to do it.

We use the wash-while-you-shop service in the Tesco car park (Abbeydale Road or in Chesterfield).

---------- Post added 21-03-2013 at 13:43 ----------

You stay sat inside like you would with an automatic car wash.

I like to have the inside cleaned too.

I take my company car to the Arc car wash on Queens road. It's one of the machine ones where you go through on a conveyor belt.

Prices start at about £2 but I like the fact they are a big chain and fully insured in case anything happens.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived