Birtish gas meter reading

Alot of meters are being converted to smart type now, they can read them by driving down the road supposedly.

So a bunch of guys will be out of a job anyway.

It's more than that - the meter has a simm card, uses the Vodaphone network and collects readings every half hour then transmits them to British Gas every 24 hrs. The gas meter sends its readings to the electric meter and is relayed on. Spy in the home?

It's more than that - the meter has a simm card, uses the Vodaphone network and collects readings every half hour then transmits them to British Gas every 24 hrs. The gas meter sends its readings to the electric meter and is relayed on. Spy in the home?

That would be no good where I live, Vodafone network is none existent here

Spy in the home is abit of a stretch, I'd happily have that running at my house.

I'm sick of getting 'estimated bills' that are wildly inaccurate.

It can't be denied that it is more convenient as far as readings go, but many are uncomfortable about the energy company being able to monitor or at least deduce your daily activities etc.

It can't be denied that it is more convenient as far as readings go, but many are uncomfortable about the energy company being able to monitor or at least deduce your daily activities etc.

they can`t, it simply measures how much power you are using at any given time.

Archived