Johnny Kidd and the Pirates

Dreb48

nether edge hall was a fantastic northern soul venue the vickers family ran it they also ran fannys at owler bar wich was another great venue for house music all was well till climax opened in dronfield that was the end of fannys

lol im sorry but that just cracked me up, im trapped in carry on hell

"all was well till climax opened in dronfield that was the end of fannys"

:o

Gene Vincent played there about the same time as Johnny Kidd.

the name of the picture house was the plaza cinema i was a regular there

Thanks for that folks. Yep think Gene Vincent might have been on the same bill that particular night. Also remember seeing Freddy and the Dreamers along with Duke Damone(sp) and the Baron Knights a fun night as you might imagine with those two!! We would be there any Sunday they had a show, very early sixties I think!!

Also played up at the Theatre top of Handsworth hill...had some great shows there on Sunday nights...anyone remember the name of the place??

yes they played at the plaza cinema

---------- Post added 02-02-2013 at 19:16 ----------

Thanks for that folks. Yep think Gene Vincent might have been on the same bill that particular night. Also remember seeing Freddy and the Dreamers along with Duke Damone(sp) and the Baron Knights a fun night as you might imagine with those two!! We would be there any Sunday they had a show, very early sixties I think!!

Don't forget lord such and the savages ! they are still regarded as the best rock'n'roll band in the land. The lead was bernie watson (strawberry ) the piano player played on the stones recordings. After this gig such had all the best guitar players in the land playing for him

---------- Post added 02-02-2013 at 19:18 ----------

I saw him at the Handsworth Plaza, Screaming Lord Sutch was on the same bill. "There was Rockin' that night"

sutch nearly broke the piano players back that night