74% of French say Islam is an 'intolerant' religion

WeX

Why wouldn`t the french like Muslims. They only burnt out 1200 cars to "celebrate the new year".

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/01/islam-in-france-1200-car-burned-police-attacked-over-new-years-eve.html

On a side note the French are completely slashing immigrant benefits by a whopping 80% so yay for the French!! :clap::clap:

No they do not. I think you are making assumptions there. Many religions are very tolerant such as Buddhism, Jainism, Taoism and Methodism. Even some modern day intolerant religions were tolerant in the beginning.

It was a playful reference, but it highlights the idiocy of the poll you posted a link to.

I note you didn't quote Christianity or Judaism in your comprehensive list of 'tolerant religions', what do you think the casual observer or atheist would say about them?

Provided these religious folk, including Muslims dont change the way I live on a fundamental level or try to convert me, then I'm quite happy for them to practice whatever mumbo jumbo tickles their fancy.

Getting aerated about the clothes a woman chooses to wear, as the French do, hardly allows them to cast judgements on intolerance does it?

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 11:48 ----------

Why wouldn`t the french like Muslims. They only burnt out 1200 cars to "celebrate the new year".

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/01/islam-in-france-1200-car-burned-police-attacked-over-new-years-eve.html

On a side note the French are completely slashing immigrant benefits by a whopping 80% so yay for the French!! :clap::clap:

Why don't you like Muslims?

Even some modern day intolerant religions were tolerant in the beginning.

Isn't it the interpretation from the follower rather than the religion at fault?

I'm pretty sure the Koran doesn't say "beat up gays" but there's a Muslim gang doing it in London. Same with the hate that Westboro Baptist Church preach.

Isn't it the interpretation from the follower rather than the religion at fault?

I'm pretty sure the Koran doesn't say "beat up gays" but there's a Muslim gang doing it in London. Same with the hate that Westboro Baptist Church preach.

Same-sex intercourse carries the death penalty in five officially Muslim nations: Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mauritania, Sudan, and Yemen. [3] It formerly carried the death penalty in Afghanistan under the Taliban, and in Iraq under a 2001 decree by Saddam Hussein.In many Muslim nations, such as Bahrain, Qatar, Algeria or the Maldives, homosexuality is punished with jail time, fines or corporal punishment. I:)

Same-sex intercourse carries the death penalty in five officially Muslim nations: Saudi Arabia, Iran, Mauritania, Sudan, and Yemen. [3] It formerly carried the death penalty in Afghanistan under the Taliban, and in Iraq under a 2001 decree by Saddam Hussein.In many Muslim nations, such as Bahrain, Qatar, Algeria or the Maldives, homosexuality is punished with jail time, fines or corporal punishment. I:)

Crikey, have you turned into a bleeding heart liberal jc? There are many of your acolytes on the right in this country who would happily prescribe such therapy for homosexuals.

Archived