74% of French say Islam is an 'intolerant' religion

WeX

Sadist :P

More like a masochist :(

I think there is ample evidence that some threads are attacked by certain population on here in order to try and get them removed.

Usually they're the threads plagued by the obvious trolls, personally I don't believe the usual suspects on the left, right or in between who fight out sincerely held views want a thread closed and if I've ever been the cause of it, it's unintentional-honestly.

There are those who can discuss any topic as adults, counting present company ;) but then there are those who cannot and once they start, the reasonable lot slip away and its left to be dregs and then the mods swoop in and delete the thread.

Yes, I think I agree but sensational subject matter (Islam, immigration, football, Henderson's Relish etc) tends to attract sensational views which will guarantee rub someone up the wrong way (Some Christians, some white folks, some women, all Southerners ;) )

Anyway, back to your topic.

Ironically, despite the common British view of the French, I've generally found them friendly and engaging, especially in the back waters. I can believe that 74% believe Islam is intolerant, but in fairness I'd be one of that 74% too, so it's hardly a remarkable statistic.

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 13:37 ----------

The truth obviously

Do you live near Hartford, buck? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyZfm6soG3Y

Try telling that to whales.
I never knew whales were methodists, I would have thought they worshiped Neptune or Poseidon if anyone.

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 08:45 ----------

Usually they're the threads plagued by the obvious trolls, personally I don't believe the usual suspects on the left, right or in between who fight out sincerely held views want a thread closed and if I've ever been the cause of it, it's unintentional-honestly.

Yes, I think I agree but sensational subject matter (Islam, immigration, football, Henderson's Relish etc) tends to attract sensational views which will guarantee rub someone up the wrong way (Some Christians, some white folks, some women, all Southerners ;) )

Anyway, back to your topic.

Ironically, despite the common British view of the French, I've generally found them friendly and engaging, especially in the back waters. I can believe that 74% believe Islam is intolerant, but in fairness I'd be one of that 74% too, so it's hardly a remarkable statistic.

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 13:37 ----------

Do you live near Hartford, buck? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyZfm6soG3Y

I live in Hartford County in a town called East Windsor about eight miles away from Hartford.

I never knew whales were methodists, I would have thought they worshiped Neptune or Poseidon if anyone.

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 08:45 ----------

I live in Hartford County in a town called East Windsor about eight miles away from Hartford.

You should visit the restaurant in the clip :)

I have understood, Wex. I just disagree with you :)

WHAT!!!! :rant:

Haha, I dont expect everyone to agree with me and other peoples views / knowledge helps us all make better decisions.

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 14:24 ----------

That's my experience too. Out of all our European cousins, I've only ever found the Italians to be rude and disrespectful to us Brits, but only a small number in the very north.

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 14:25 ----------

Doh, that's what I meant. I had a bit of a moment when I wrote sadist I think :)

Looks like the French are getting fed up with Islam. Maybe on the back of the Mali war and the Albanian hostage crisis, but none the less, they are reacting to it and unlike us Brits, they tend to act.

Ipsos has just published a survey that could highlights a growing dissatisfaction with Islam in France. Not only do 74% of French people think Islam is 'intolerant' but 8 out of 10 French people believe the Islam tries to impose its views on others.

http://ansamed.ansa.it/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2013/01/24/Islam-74-French-say-an-intolerant-religion_8133243.html

The French government has announced a plan to boost policing in 15 of the most crime-ridden parts of France in an effort to reassert state control over the country’s so-called "no-go” zones: Muslim-dominated neighborhoods that are largely off limits to non-Muslims

Looks like the French are getting fed up with Islam. Maybe on the back of the Mali war and the Albanian hostage crisis, but none the less, they are reacting to it and unlike us Brits, they tend to act.

Ipsos has just published a survey that could highlights a growing dissatisfaction with Islam in France. Not only do 74% of French people think Islam is 'intolerant' but 8 out of 10 French people believe the Islam tries to impose its views on others.

http://ansamed.ansa.it/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2013/01/24/Islam-74-French-say-an-intolerant-religion_8133243.html

Or is it the French are intolerant of Islam....

Anyway who cares- Islam is here to stay.

"Islam has survived for nearly 1,600 years;it is the pre-dominant faith in 57 countries-it is indestructible''
Patrick. J. Buchanan

Coming to GET YOU....:hihi:

The French government has announced a plan to boost policing in 15 of the most crime-ridden parts of France in an effort to reassert state control over the country’s so-called "no-go” zones: Muslim-dominated neighborhoods that are largely off limits to non-Muslims
I think predict some on here will take issue with the distinctly "anti-islam" flavour of this website, maxmaximus ;)

Though, in fairness, it has brought one or two corkers to my attention (still LOL'ing at the linked one :D)

See this website as a further source of info about the thread topic and your link. Unnecessarily alarmist in places (there are no such "no-go areas where the police dare not go", never have been), but a decent enough summary in English language.

Archived