How can people be so heartless

nexusdee

I still don't understand why or how people can get rid of a dog due to a new baby! I've had 2 children since I bought my 2 staffies over 12 years ago. My oldest staffie passed away just over a year ago but he loved the kids and they too loved him to bits. The dogs were still taken for walks, interacted with the babies and both kids and dogs were taught boundries etc. They were absolutely fine!

Anyways back onto topic... I would've homed this lil girl if it wasn't for my own staffie girl being so poorly. The rainbow bridge is getting brighter with each passing day and I don't want her to witness a new doggy coming home as if she is being replaced.

I really do hope she finds a loving home soon xxx

We have recently just lost our springer after having him 16 years due to cancer, he was brought up with our daughter and then for the last 2 years of his life a new born baby, there's no excuse to get rid because a baby comes along

Is it a springer or cocker spaniel?

Some people are just heartless when it comes to pets. Our lives revolve round ours - my other half drives home every lunchtime, skipping a proper lunchbreak, to check on Jesse and did same for the ten years we had Ailsa (my avatar). We would be distraught if we had to give any of them up, even though some of the moggies have issues and Jesse still has accidents indoors (she was a cruelty case).

Hope you can persuade the owners to find a responsible home - certainly try SYESS rescue. If we had the room and the other half could drop his hours, we would have a companion dog for Jesse: a cocker or springer would be ideal because dobes are bouncy and she needs to make up for lost playtime - and springers especially have oodles of energy (but cockers are cute).

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 18:45 ----------

I still don't understand why or how people can get rid of a dog due to a new baby! I've had 2 children since I bought my 2 staffies over 12 years ago. My oldest staffie passed away just over a year ago but he loved the kids and they too loved him to bits. The dogs were still taken for walks, interacted with the babies and both kids and dogs were taught boundries etc. They were absolutely fine!

Anyways back onto topic... I would've homed this lil girl if it wasn't for my own staffie girl being so poorly. The rainbow bridge is getting brighter with each passing day and I don't want her to witness a new doggy coming home as if she is being replaced.

I really do hope she finds a loving home soon xxx

:( sorry to hear you're facing that hard time - but when she steps over the bridge, there'll be an untold number of new friends for her to play with, including my beloved Ailsa. Big (((hugs))) to you and your poorly girly

Thanks everyone & listed all the contacts & given them to be passed on. I've also given my number & said if things get that desperate I will come & collect her until I can get somewhere. I just want to get her away from them as its frightening that their concern about just abandoning her is not if she could survive this weather or even getting herself injured or worse, but only that the dog warden might find her & bring her back!!!!

words fail me

I wondered if any rescue centres have room for a 11 month old Springer bitch. A work colleague has just asked me if I can make enquiries as she belongs to a friend of his mums.

The heartless bleep bleeps (edited already) have just had a baby so don't want her anymore & the only thing that us stopping them from just dumping this poor girl is that she is microchipped & they are worried that if the wardens pick her up she'll be brought back.

I know there are worst cases & know some people struggle with a baby & a dog. But to just stop caring about your pet like that just because something new comes along, well makes me think what sort if parents they will be too

---------- Post added 25-01-2013 at 11:57 ----------

I admire all of you working in rescues that hear pathetic excuses like this on a daily basis, I couldn't do it I don't think I would be able to keep calm & smiling & not brain the heartless, selfish bleeps, yes fair enough for some people t can't be helped & must be a hard decision but others........

Hi tried sending you a pm,but its full please can you empty some messages...

Archived