Is The Miners Strike Still Vivid In Your Mind?

The NUM always preserved differentials to reflect skill ,risk etc,hence Arthur's fat wedge

but universal pay rises across the board? or how does this comment square with your previous comment?

my comment still stands.

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 17:10 ----------

So you are suggesting that we as a deprived country without the resources to fully staff our hospitals should pay for the training of students and then send them abroad to work where they will not have to pay taxes in the country who paid for their training. That makes economic sense. No wonder we're going down the pan

we`re not going down the pan, change the record.

We have the resources to fully staff our hospitals - privatise them and watch how profitable they can be then while exceeding any targets you want to set.

tale for you - when they closed to public toilets in Dronfield it was said to be be because it cost £38K a year to keep them open, £38K for someone to lock and unlock four doors and switch the lights on and off.

I tendered to do it for £12K but it was turned down, figure that out.

If you award the same percentage pay rise then differentials are preserved.I think I will stick to lecturing finance if you promise to teach fitness.

no, my comment still stands - coal face work hard, cleaners get same % pay rise at the end of the year irrespective and you say that`s good for worker solidarity?

but what happens if you can only actually afford the rise for the harder working face men but have to give it to everyone as you say?

is that what happened?

no, my comment still stands - coal face work hard, cleaners get same % pay rise at the end of the year irrespective and you say that`s good for worker solidarity?

but what happens if you can only actually afford the rise for the harder working face men but have to give it to everyone as you say?

is that what happened?

One ,two, three,one ,two three.etc.

Why were the miners getting payrises every year when the mines were so inefficient that the coal had to be massively subsidised? People didn't want to buy the coal they produced. That's the end of it. People were being forced to pay for coal they didn't want, and paying miners way over the odds for the privilege of it.

Why were the miners getting payrises every year when the mines were so inefficient that the coal had to be massively subsidised? People didn't want to buy the coal they produced. That's the end of it. People were being forced to pay for coal they didn't want, and paying miners way over the odds for the privilege of it.

not just the miners - the cleaners and canteen staff got exactly the same rise (apparently)

There were cost of living and comparability issues then-in the 1970s inflation averaged 10% and over.

Archived