Is The Miners Strike Still Vivid In Your Mind?

JFK polled more votes than Nixon. The only time since 1945 a presidential candidate has won the popular vote but lost the college and the election with it was Gore in 2000. In fact winning the popular vote but losing the election has happened more often in recent years in the UK than the USA. Labour got their highest vote ever in the 1951 election but piling up huge majorities in safe seats like Sheffield Park and Ebbw Vale didn't do them any good and they lost. The Conservatives also got 200,000 more votes than Labour in February 1974, however they still lost the election.

Thanks to Joe Kennedy senior and his shenanigans not the least of which were some very dubious dealings with Chicago mob boss Sam Giancana :D

I was reading a book about the Kennedy family-what was the name of Joe's son?

There were four sons. Joe Junior who was killed in WW2. John who became President, Robert who became the Attorney General during his brother's administration and the youngest son Edward known as Ted.

An interesting book on the Kennedys which I just read is called "The dark side of Camelot" by Seymour M. Hersh.

Any illusions about JFK are pretty well dispelled in this book

There were four sons. Joe Junior who was killed in WW2. John who became President, Robert who became the Attorney General during his brother's administration and the youngest son Edward known as Ted.

An interesting book on the Kennedys which I just read is called "The dark side of Camelot" by Seymour M. Hersh.

Any illusions about JFK are pretty well dispelled in this book

i think the manner of JFKs death may have contributed to his mythical status.

How does democracy fare in post-Marxist Phillipines?

just when was the Philippines ever Marxist or Communist. I thought that one of the few things it has to be grateful for is that it managed, like Thailand and Malaysia but unlike Cambodia and Vietnam, to escape that sorry fate.

just when was the Philippines ever Marxist or Communist. I thought that one of the few things it has to be grateful for is that it managed, like Thailand and Malaysia but unlike Cambodia and Vietnam, to escape that sorry fate.

It was a deliberate error,Marxist instead of Markos but as usual you were too quick to take the bait offered.

Archived