Is The Miners Strike Still Vivid In Your Mind?

The day we allowed the Torys to beat the miners we ALL lost. We lost our rights, our dignity and everything we had fought for and gained over the years. Maggie fought and won a psychological war and, by kidding the 'would be middle class' she turned people against Trade Unionism. I never betrayed my class, never forgot where I came from.

We are now paying the price.............

The day we allowed the Torys to beat the miners we ALL lost. We lost our rights, our dignity and everything we had fought for and gained over the years. Maggie fought and won a psychological war and, by kidding the 'would be middle class' she turned people against Trade Unionism. I never betrayed my class, never forgot where I came from.

:clap::clap::clap: Hear, hear the wicked witch of Grantham broke the spirit of the working people of this country and turned us into the dog eat dog society we have now. She stole from children and then claimed she was only a grocers daughter when 'Daddy' owned a chain of supermarkets

Let it go, it was nearly 30 years ago. I'm not saying everyone should forget but surely the attitude should be "maggie tried" etc etc. It's like it only happened last week to half the population of this city (nay county) which is why we're light years behind everywhere else. Except hull.

Thatcher was absolutely right to take the miners on, and it was ridiculous for them to expect to be subsidised for digging coal out of the ground that no-one wanted when coal could be brought in from elsewhere for a fraction of the price. The coal will still be there in years to come when it will actually be worth digging up due to supplies elsewhere dwindling.

CONSTANTLY feeling bitter and blaming other people for your troubles can make you physically ill, says a new study.

Quite apart from affecting your mental outlook, it was found that the negative emotion can damage your metabolism, immune system or organs.

“Persistent bitterness may result in *global feelings of anger and hostility that, when strong enough, could affect a *person’s physical health,” said research leader *Professor Carsten Wrosch.

He added: “When harboured for a long time, bitterness may forecast patterns of biological dysregulation [a physiological impairment that can affect metabolism, immune response or organ function] and physical disease.”

Don't forget that mass unemployment is a price worth paying.

Paying for what I'm not sure.

CONSTANTLY feeling bitter and blaming other people for your troubles can make you physically ill, says a new study.

Quite apart from affecting your mental outlook, it was found that the negative emotion can damage your metabolism, immune system or organs.

“Persistent bitterness may result in *global feelings of anger and hostility that, when strong enough, could affect a *person’s physical health,” said research leader *Professor Carsten Wrosch.

He added: “When harboured for a long time, bitterness may forecast patterns of biological dysregulation [a physiological impairment that can affect metabolism, immune response or organ function] and physical disease.”

Carry on taking the tablets.............:hihi:

Archived