Is The Miners Strike Still Vivid In Your Mind?

It may have been when Obama beat Romney,or there have been some elections in the Middle East.

And Middle eastern dictatorships and US elections has what relevance to the miners strikes in the UK in the 80's how?

So every government since 1931 was illegitimate in your eyes then.

What you are really saying is "I [you] have no understanding of how our democracy works and so I will assume what I want to try and make my invalid point seem worthwhile"

If I were you I would go back to school until you have at least some knowledge of history and how democracy works.

And Middle eastern dictatorships and US elections has what relevance to the miners strikes in the UK in the 80's how?

I simply answered your question which was not couched in specific terms.How many questions do I have to answer to prove my point?if you were to pose well-framed questions then the loopholes will close.

I simply answered your question which was not couched in specific terms.How many questions do I have to answer to prove my point?if you were to pose well-framed questions then the loopholes will close.

You say that you need 50% of the vote to be a legitimate government in your opinion. Its wrong, but I'll humour you for now. So every UK government since 1931 is illegitimate in your eyes. The last government to be elected with more than 50% of the vote was Stanley Baldwin's Conservative party elected on the 27th October 1931. Not only that, but of the majority of political parties on the planet represented in hundreds of country's, there are only a hand full of democratic countries that have 2/3 party systems. Their elections comprise of parties forming coalitions in order to form a government. So of all these counties, the vast majority are also illegitimate in your opinion.

All this to try and shoe horn in a point that Thatcher "never gained a large share of the vote" to quote you directly, when in fact she out performed Tony Blair electoral successes.

Just because you do not understand how our democracy works in what is called the Mother of all Democracies or its history, that doesn't make your argument any more credible.

You say that you need 50% of the vote to be a legitimate government in your opinion. Its wrong, but I'll humour you for now. So every UK government since 1931 is illegitimate in your eyes. The last government to be elected with more than 50% of the vote was Stanley Baldwin's Conservative party elected on the 27th October 1931. Not only that, but of the majority of political parties on the planet represented in hundreds of country's, there are only a hand full of democratic countries that have 2/3 party systems. Their elections comprise of parties forming coalitions in order to form a government. So of all these counties, the vast majority are also illegitimate in your opinion.

All this to try and shoe horn in a point that Thatcher "never gained a large share of the vote" to quote you directly, when in fact she out performed Tony Blair electoral successes.

Just because you do not understand how our democracy works in what is called the Mother of all Democracies or its history, that doesn't make your argument any more credible.

I simply stated that Thatcher never enjoyed a popular majority-the rest are your inferences.In actual fact elections are not essential to democracy and early exponents make no reference to such devices.Have you read Bentham,Mill etc.or are your views based on secondary sources?

You have a point in some of what you say but it is the future generations who have no hope and this is caused by what she started and all subsequent governments have failed to address. We weren't at war under Thatcher except from the enemy within so that is a pointless comparison. In war both sides try to kill each other.

Thatcher was to the demise of Great Britain as America was to the causes of the second world war.

The unions had already bankrupt the country and were taking us all to hell, Thatcher put us back on a sound footing, shame Labour wasted it all on their next term as dealer.

The unions had already bankrupt the country and were taking us all to hell, Thatcher put us back on a sound footing, shame Labour wasted it all on their next term as dealer.

A lot of us were taken to hell in the 80's because of Mrs Thatcher's policies.

A lot of us were taken to hell in the 80's because of Mrs Thatcher's policies.

And alot can't or won't move on. There are people poised ready for steel mills with 1970s tech and coal mines to reopen. It won't happen. They need to wake up and retrain. And besides, do we want the filth and soot and pollution we had then ? Check out china for a refresher. Do we want more workers with vibration white finger and knackered lungs?

Archived