Rotherham or Bradford

samg123

If you don't know anyone and you're looking to make friends and always have places to go, things to do etc I would say you're best looking at S10, S11, S8, S7. All within easy reach of the city centre by public transport. Many restaurants, coffee shops, independent retailers, pubs etc. They all have mini shopping hubs too - local supermarket, fruit & Veg shops, butchers etc.

If you don't know anyone and you're looking to make friends and always have places to go, things to do etc I would say you're best looking at S10, S11, S8, S7. All within easy reach of the city centre by public transport. Many restaurants, coffee shops, independent retailers, pubs etc. They all have mini shopping hubs too - local supermarket, fruit & Veg shops, butchers etc.

But these areas would be a 40 to 50 minute commute to Manvers. If there are no other constraints on where to live, I'd look for somewhere closer.

I would say Bradford is a no no.

If I was going to work in the Manvers area I would be looking around :

Chapeltown

Thorpe Hesley

Wentworth

Harley

Birdwell

Good luck.

As nice as Wentworth it, I would say the OP has no chance of getting a property there. However, Harley is good as are some parts of Thorpe Hesley, Wath, Swinton and Harlington/Barmbrough.

Don't go to Braddystan cos the traffic is as bad as London.Depending on your budget the best areas around Manvers are Harley,Wentworth,Barnborough,Sprotborough-all semi rural.Some areas of Wath are ok,others very dodgy same as West Melton,hope this sheds a bit of light on things.

Archived