Rotherham or Bradford

samg123

Putting your obvious bias asside there are not many houses at Manvers, there are however many houses in other parts of Rotherham. By posting information about the bus service details I was trying to be of assistance to the OP. He has the freedom to pick somewhere on a bus route or in a commuting distance. P.S. shock horror - cars break down as well. Possibly if he has a more positive attitude he may find it returned byy the drivers he interacts with.

There are lots of houses within 10-20 minute walking distance of said location.

I was trying to suggest, if the OP moves further away and has to rely on public transport, they could be facing a two bus/bus and train journey.

There is another 22 operated by Magicbus in that area too, also every 10 minutes so 12 buses an hour into Rotherham aint bad from Manvers and neither is the £5 weekly ticket quoted.

For the op, if you are indeed going to be using public transport, have a look at this public transport map and look at areas served by buses from Manvers - may help you make your choice on area: http://www.sy-transport.co.uk/maps

Guest busdriver1
Bradford any day of the week !

home to the bantams - what more could you want :)

To be well away from the above would be a start.

Rotherham looks depressing. It has no facilities worth tuppence. It is ugly. It is full of chavs and drug taking teens.

Bradford has massive social problems. Asian youth, mainly the parents are Pakistani, are largely anti social there. Manningham has a mixture of Asian youths, inc the drug dealers, and homeless/breadline white alcoholics.

Check out S8 Greenhill or S11. Or LS26 Adel is nice.

Rotherham looks depressing. It has no facilities worth tuppence. It is ugly. It is full of chavs and drug taking teens.

Bradford has massive social problems. Asian youth, mainly the parents are Pakistani, are largely anti social there. Manningham has a mixture of Asian youths, inc the drug dealers, and homeless/breadline white alcoholics.

And only two weeks ago you were talking about chavs stealing from cars in Greenhill. Lovely recommendation.

And only two weeks ago you were talking about chavs stealing from cars in Greenhill. Lovely recommendation.

That happens occasionally. In true sheffield forum style, anything you say gets criticised by someone, so who cares? Not me.

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 08:54 ----------

Hi guys,

I currently live in Dorset and would like to relocate to Yorkshire some time soon. The company i work for has offices in either Bradford or Rotherham. Can anyone recommend nice areas to live close by to either of these 2 towns and which one is a nicer area? Please be honest,

Thanks,

Sam

Check the leeds forum too for suggestions.

Guest busdriver1

And Sheffield is just green fields and happy children skipping in the parks? True there are parts of Rotherham that are deprived but I am sure you will find that all towns and cities are the same.

To Me the major advantage that Rotherham has is - it is not Sheffield.

Archived