DVD/ Video rental after Blockbuster.

http://www.blinkbox.com/

The best way to watch the latest movies and TV shows without subscription

Pay for what you want to watch, when you want to watch

Rent a title and you have 30 days to start watching it

Buy it, and it’s yours to enjoy forever

blinkbox is proud to be a part of Tesco, which also means you can collect Clubcard points for every £1 you spend

Hi

Update on Blinkbox.

I gave it a try and it does what it says on the tin.

BUT

Download a movie and you have 48 hours only to watch it.

Biggest problem is having to log in with full email and password everytime. You have to use the TV remote to chase a n on screen keyboard and it takes ages. OK not as long as going to a store but it is so not necessary.

But. if you open an account with £1, they add £5 so you have £6 in the kitty.

Films are £3.49/each for anything decent. I downloaded one expecting to be able to save it for 30 days but ended up watching it last night as it was about to expire. Too early to say if this is typical but the sound broke up throughout the film and in places there was no sound at all.

Blink box were v good about it and gave full credit, so I'm back to £6 in my account and will see how things go in future.

If you don't watch many DVDs, pay one monthly subscription to Lovefilm or Netflix, watch what you want for the month and cancel - I bet its cheaper than one rental at Blockbuster.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Netflix is £5.99 a month, just make sure your bandwidth is not capped at a low rate.

Archived