2 x staffies found near Cystal Peaks*home*

sarahjane

Just tried to call you P@H

oh dear - these damn staffs, just don't know when they are well off do they.

If someone would give me their microchip numbers i can call the chip company and see if we can find an owner?

We don't have anywhere that they can be held overnight either I'm afraid as kennels are closed

Fantastic news!!! I have just reunited these dogs with their very relieved and very emotional owners!

Petlog finally managed to track down the owners so I picked them up from the couple holding them and have taken them home!

It's safe to say that the dogs and the owners looked very pleased that they were all back together again!

I can now sleep soundly tonight!

Fantastic news!!! I have just reunited these dogs with their very relieved and very emotional owners!

Petlog finally managed to track down the owners so I picked them up from the couple holding them and have taken them home!

It's safe to say that the dogs and the owners looked very pleased that they were all back together again!

I can now sleep soundly tonight!

Sarahjane that is fantastic news & well done for caring about these dogs to make that extra effort to get them home safely

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 10:49 ----------

Thanks for clearing up about the rules regarding finding strays as I myself didn't know they were rules & I'm sure there are others that weren't 100% clear. I know before taking any stray I found to the pound would have been a last resort if I couldn't find the owner within a couple of days but I know now that I can't do that

In an ideal world, if there was a separate interim holding place for stray animals that have been found, in co-ordination with the warden so they could be checked for chips or to have time to be able to have owners contacted before handing in to the pound as a last resort, would be a good idea to have in this city!!!!! might lessen the strain on the pound

Well only in my dreams perhaps.....:-(

At least they are home now and they looked very pleased to be back in their own home, eating their own food and playing with their toys!

They were such sweet dogs and seemed to love everyone!

The pound thing is a tricky one but is there for a good reason.

If you take a dog to the pound, as the finder, they will often be prepared to let the finder keep them in their home (if they can) until the owner is found. The main thing is ensuring that the pound are aware.

If I lost my dog, the first place I would contact is the pound. So if someone kept them in their house for a few days before letting the pound know I would be frantic with worry and thinking all sorts of horrid things, whilst my dog would be quite happily sleeping indoors somewhere and being looked after.

It does seem horrid to have to take them to a pound but it could just get them reunited with their owner a whole lot quicker.

The cost of £70 per dog to get them back out may seem a little steep to some but I would pay any amount to get mine back. If I really was short of money I would be selling my laptop, TV, phone, anything I own to get the money together.

Luckily in this particular case the ending was a happy one and I think a few people, and dogs, slept very soundly last night....I dare say that the dogs probably enjoyed some extra cuddles and extra tasty food too! :)

Sarah

We used to have that Snagglepus. Lost dogs used to be taken to police stations and claimed free of charge, but (not in Sheffield) one Christmas a dog was booked in to a police station, placed in the kennels, and when the policeman that took the dog in went on leave at the end of his shift, the dog was forgotten about and died in police kennels. The owner campaigned for the system we have now, which has led to many more people losing their dogs through not being able to afford to get them back, them being incorrectly described in warden files, or people not handing them in for fear of them being pts so rehoming them themselves

One heck of an 'own goal' if you ask me

Surely most of this messing around could be avoided if people just had dog tags with their details on, like they are supposed to by law anyway :confused::rolleyes:

Microchipping is great but it should just be a back up to a tag imo.

There speaks the voice of reason - yet 80% of people i know do not keep a collar and tag on when the dog is in the house.

Yet thats the place they nearly always run away from.

Escaped dogs should be reported to pound and police,non tagged dogs that are impounded then the owner should be fined twice - once for no tags(by the police) and once for release.imho

Archived