Fat people comment by Anna Soubry MP - I completely agree!

I thought Sainsburys were contributors to the LibDems.:confused:

Don't worry Mr Bloom, you're not the first and won't be the last to make assumptions that anyone with money must be an evil Tory. ;)

Clearly Sainsbury are a large firm with varied interests, but I can't recall another supermarket who's major shareholder and chairman went on to be a government minister and major political donor. He also happens to be in the Labour Party.

interesting stuff here :

http://www.unlockdemocracy.org.uk/blog/entry/donor-of-the-week-david-sainsbury

I thought Sainsburys were contributors to the LibDems.:confused:

Don't worry Mr Bloom, you're not the first and won't be the last to make assumptions that anyone with money must be an evil Tory. ;)

You see, even you're confused....It is becoming increasingly difficult to tell the LibDems and the Tories apart, isn't it?

The Tories and Lib Dems are not interested in addressing this though, are they? If they were they would make their supermarket barons/mates sell fruit and veg at affordable prices to the majority, without the massive mark ups.

Supermarket billionaire gives Labour £500,000

LORD Sainsbury of Turville was the most generous business donor to political parties in the first three months of the year. The science minister and supermarkets magnate swelled Labour Party coffers by £2m in the period.

Plaid raises concerns over relationship between Tesco and Labour Party

Yep, making 6-8 portions is cheaper than buying 6-8 pre packaged items.

So you can make lasagne for 6 cheaper than 6 of these (total cost £3.90)? That would not even cover the cost of the mince.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=lasagne&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=217993

the allowing of the selling of this "food" is why we have issues.

You can add top Labour politicians to the Tories and LibDems if it makes you feel better, to be honest, there is little between Brown's last government and the ConDems as far as kowtowing to big business is concerned, but at the end of the day, despite vicious lobbying it wasn't Labour that gave the green light to price fixing on alchohol that Tesco had been crying out for for years, it was the ConDems.

I remember that while some people could be called plumpish as opposed to obese it was generally rare to to a person well above the normal weight. That was before MacDonalds came along of course.

People smoked like chimneys back then also and that was a facor in keeping weight down

Archived