Fat people comment by Anna Soubry MP - I completely agree!

and the fatcists will always spout it.

Not sure what a "fatcist" is .

I think you mean the word fascist

Im just stating a fact that there are no fat people that eat healthily and exercise properly , otherwise they wouldn't be fat

---------- Post added 28-01-2013 at 09:09 ----------

Is it easier to cook healthy food?

Eating healthy and exercising correctly can be as easy as you want it to be :)

Me personally am a big fan of pasta ,and I could train a five year old to prepare that it's that easy

Im just stating a fact that there are no fat people that eat healthily and exercise properly , otherwise they wouldn't be fat

---------- Post added 28-01-2013 at 09:09 ----------

Eating healthy and exercising correctly can be as easy as you want it to be :)

Me personally am a big fan of pasta ,and I could train a five year old to prepare that it's that easy

What is 'fatcists'? -- I would have thought it's a clever play on words:)

What is 'fatcists'? -- I would have thought it's a clever play on words:)

It is a compound expression and somewhat,inelegant,making it seem quite appropriate.I would say it would be a bit of a mouthful-imagine trying to get your tongue around the t and the c at the same time.

No, I meant fatcist. It's a term I use for people who stereotype. label and attack fat people for purely being fat and have no understanding of or empathy with them. Fat and 'being ginger' are probably the only two remaining visible characteristics you can get away with attacking in this country. If you attacked someone who was of a certain skin colour, or had a club foot, you'd rightly get in to trouble.

I saw a documentary a few years ago about the NHS refusing to treat fat people. An elderly lady who had paid in to the NHS for years and lived a very healthy and active life, experienced problems with her joints in later life, and needed a joint replacement. It was extremely painful for her to exercise, and naturally she put on weight. The NHS then used this as an excuse not to give her the operation. So, they are fatcists too. It's not always as clear cut as you think.

It is a compound expression and somewhat,inelegant,making it seem quite appropriate.I would say it would be a bit of a mouthful-imagine trying to get your tongue around the t and the c at the same time.
My tongue's been wrestling with it for the last ten minutes

Not reading the full thread, but fat people seem to be getting lots of stick from all sides these days, from MPs, to comedians down to the School PLayground.

The country is broke and yes we do need to save money, surely MPS could be looking at other ways of saving taxpayers money, as opposed to claiming the overweight are a drain on society. There are far more drains on taxpayers money.

No, I meant fatcist. It's a term I use for people who stereotype. label and attack fat people for purely being fat and have no understanding of or empathy with them. Fat and 'being ginger' are the only two visible characteristics you can probably get away with attacking in this country. If you attacked someone who was of a certain skin colour, or had a club foot, you'd rightly get in to trouble.

I saw a documentary a few years ago about the NHS refusing to treat fat people. An elderly lady who had paid in to the NHS for years and lived a very healthy and active life, experienced problems with her joints in later life, and needed a joint replacement. It was extremely painful for her to exercise, and naturally she put on weight. The NHS then used this as an excuse not to give her the operation. So, they are fatcists too. It's not always as clear cut as you think.

You are giving an example of the minority the extreme minority , I'm talking about the vast majority as you well know .

I'm not a "fatcist" as you say , I'm just speaking the truth .

I'm not bullying stereotyping or anything of the sort

. Skin colour is not a choice in any circumstance .

. Natural hair colour is not a choice in any circumstance

. Having a club foot is not a choice in any circumstance

Being fat 90% of the time can be avoided by eating healthy and exercising properly .

If people don't want to eat healthly and be overweight then great I'm happy for them , that's their choice but please don't make excuses for (in most cases) laziness and greed .

I've noticed how fresh fruit and veg has increased in price, and thats why I buy frozen most of the time; in Farmfoods its something like £1 a bag, and you do get quite a lot and it lasts me and my daughter quite a while. Or I'll buy veg thats on offer or just about to go out of date, chop it up, put portions into sandwich bags and freeze it. I rarely spend much but always seem to have plenty in, so I don't really understand the argument that fruit and veg is too expensive. Its quite easy to cook healthy, home-cooked food if you're willing to spend a little more time doing it. In fact, it sometimes saves me more time as I'll make a big batch of dinner then freeze half of it for another day.

Getting my daughter to EAT the healthy food is, I'm afraid, another matter completely! :roll:

Archived