Fat people comment by Anna Soubry MP - I completely agree!

You are giving an example of the minority the extreme minority , I'm talking about the vast majority as you well know .

I'm not a "fatcist" as you say , I'm just speaking the truth .

I'm not bullying stereotyping or anything of the sort

. Skin colour is not a choice in any circumstance .

. Natural hair colour is not a choice in any circumstance

. Having a club foot is not a choice in any circumstance

Being fat 90% of the time can be avoided by eating healthy and exercising properly .

If people don't want to eat healthly and be overweight then great I'm happy for them , that's their choice but please don't make excuses for (in most cases) laziness and greed .

Oh well, at least we've gone from 'all' to '90%. That's a move in the right direction.

Why is our food allowed to be stuffed full of crap?

It's almost impossible to eat a decent additive free diet.

Meat and milk is full of hormones injected straight into the cow, fruit and veg are subject to all sorts of chemicals. Even bread is full of additives and other yuckee stuff. Nobody knows for sure what effects all these things have, and it's generally only when it's too late that it becomes clear - as with the obesity crisis which is about so much more than just how much you eat or exercise.

Meat and milk is full of hormones injected straight into the cow, fruit and veg are subject to all sorts of chemicals. Even bread is full of additives and other yuckee stuff. Nobody knows for sure what effects all these things have, and it's generally only when it's too late that it becomes clear - as with the obesity crisis which is about so much more than just how much you eat or exercise.

Which hormones do you think we inject into cows?

jb

Because if it wasn't there wouldn't be enough food for everyone.

It is almost impossible - especially on a v limited budget (hence why people turn to the rubbish for "food" )

---------- Post added 28-01-2013 at 19:53 ----------

Because if it wasn't there wouldn't be enough food for everyone.

You reckon?

If we didn't plump up chicken breasts with water - there would still be the same number off chicken breasts surely?

If people were allowed to buy fresh - but "wonky" fruit- masses of it would not be wasted:

An estimated 20 to 40% of UK fruit and vegetables are rejected even before they reach the shops – mostly because they do not match the supermarkets’ excessively strict cosmetic standards.’

If we didn't plump up chicken breasts with water - there would still be the same number off chicken breasts surely?

If people were allowed to buy fresh - but "wonky" fruit- masses of it would not be wasted:

An estimated 20 to 40% of UK fruit and vegetables are rejected even before they reach the shops – mostly because they do not match the supermarkets’ excessively strict cosmetic standards.’

Who said anything about water and you can buy wonky fruit.

Archived