UKIP to help BNP get European money

:huh:Where did that come from?

The BNP as a party is not a democracy...bit ironic isn't it when a non democratic party uses a democratic system as a means to get voted into office. As I said, the BNP will use any tactic including democracy to get its foot in the door. And for Ukip to rally in favour for the undemocratic BNP says as much about them as any.

Stupidly it's supporters can't see past their own hate filled agenda how ironic their own understanding of democracy works.

There is nothing at all ironic about it; the BNP is a political party set up by people with an opinion and living in a democratic country, would you prefer for them to follow the non democratic approach like many of the countries we keep seeing on the news, by taking up arms and usuing violence and terrorism to get their point across.

There is nothing at all ironic about it; the BNP is a political party set up by people with an opinion and living in a democratic country, would you prefer for them to follow the non democratic approach like many of the countries we keep seeing on the news, by taking up arms and usuing violence and terrorism to get their point across.

As I've said before - you ignored it - you should look at the constitution of the BNP. A less democratic party would be hard to imagine.

As I've said before - you ignored it - you should look at the constitution of the BNP. A less democratic party would be hard to imagine.

No I didn't ignore it, I read all 96 pages of it and what you claimed was in it wasn't in it.

Why are you against them following the democratic process as opposed to using violence and terrorism to further their aims?

The internal ramblings of the BNP, or Golden Dawn or the Czech Communist Party are not the issue though. This issue is treating all lawful parties the same. If a party is organised or behaves in a manner which makes it unlawful then it's down to individual nations to then deregister that party, not for the EU to decide that lawful parties are not really it's cup of tea so it's not going to treat them the same as others.

The internal ramblings of the BNP, or Golden Dawn or the Czech Communist Party are not the issue though. This issue is treating all lawful parties the same. If a party is organised or behaves in a manner which makes it unlawful then it's down to individual nations to then deregister that party, not for the EU to decide that lawful parties are not really it's cup of tea so it's not going to treat them the same as others.

The EU should set some crtieria to asses qualification,otherwise interest groups,rather than parties might gain funding.In my view the BNP is too narrow in its terms,and too restrictive in its modus operandi to be considered a democratic party.

The EU should set some crtieria to asses qualification,otherwise interest groups,rather than parties might gain funding.In my view the BNP is too narrow in its terms,and too restrictive in its modus operandi to be considered a democratic party.

Fortunately it’s not your view that matters, what matter is they have elected MEP's and some support from the public. They are a legal political party and should be treated the same as another legal political party. You can disagree with everything they stand for but you can’t simply deny their right to exist just because you don’t share their views.

Political parties are interest groups by nature. What is a political party if it isn't an interest group? Just a bunch of people with no interests?

Political parties are interest groups by nature. What is a political party if it isn't an interest group? Just a bunch of people with no interests?

In the parlance of political science an interest group seeks to influence decisions(on a narrow range of issues) rather than stand for election offering a diverse manifesto.

Fortunately it’s not your view that matters, what matter is they have elected MEP's and some support from the public. They are a legal political party and should be treated the same as another legal political party. You can disagree with everything they stand for but you can’t simply deny their right to exist just because you don’t share their views.

Well said maxmaximus, its good to see there are some that understand you don't fight oppression by denying people a voice or outlawing their opinions. Its sad how some who are so verdantly opposed to the likes of the BNP would use the denial of political freedom to fight what they see as others who would do that same.

If you oppose the BNP on what ever grounds, fight them intellectually, give people your point of view and let them make their own minds. DO NOT gag those you do not agree with, as that kind of behaviour has a nasty habit of coming back and bighting you on the arse!

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 21:05 ----------

In the parlance of political science an interest group seeks to influence decisions(on a narrow range of issues) rather than stand for election offering a diverse manifesto.

Interest groups are proto-political parties. Not all form parties, but some do and they are political in nature. Look the Green party for example. They evolved from a single interest and have grown into an established and successful party in both the UK parliament and the European parliament. The Tea Party in the USA is an interest group within a political party that has threatened to split the Republican party into to separate political parties.

Well said maxmaximus, its good to see there are some that understand you don't fight oppression by denying people a voice or outlawing their opinions. Its sad how some who are so verdantly opposed to the likes of the BNP would use the denial of political freedom to fight what they see as others who would do that same.

If you oppose the BNP on what ever grounds, fight them intellectually, give people your point of view and let them make their own minds. DO NOT gag those you do not agree with, as that kind of behaviour has a nasty habit of coming back and bighting you on the arse!

What happened when Griffin went on QT-he was so inept and stupid he got the sympathy vote?I expect you recorded the programme,and watched it over the Xmas turkey.

Was the bighting bit deliberate,a right-wing coded message?

Archived