UKIP to help BNP get European money

So you didn't open the link then?

I did - I found these bits amusing

''One third of them read the Sun or Daily Star as against one in five adults generally; just 6 per cent of BNP voters read the upmarket papers (Times, Telegraph, Guardian etc), which is less than half the national average.''

and ''It is not money that marks BNP voters apart as much as their insecurity.''

My bold - we see it time and again on here.

Anyone who does not believe that all political parties should get money does not believe in democracy. They are therefore far worse than any political party.

Cheers and welcome to the debate.Would you fund any party?How would you define a political party as distinct from an interest group.?

"Nigel Farage's UK Independence party has told its MEPs not to oppose a package that would fund some of Europe's most extreme parties. The Alliance of European National Movements, a grouping of far-right MEPs, is looking to get £340,000 from the European commission, with a similar amount for a possible thinktank. The alliance includes Nick Griffin's British National party, Hungary's neo-fascist Jobbik party, Bulgaria's far-right National Democratic party and the Front National in France."

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/jan/27/ukip-far-right

So how does this fit with the oft-seen claim on here that UKIP is not right wing?

Maybe UKIP has a vested interest in the funding being that it's more aligned to the The Alliance of European National Movements than it does to mainstream politics.

I wonder why the far right need Farages support..the far right have the support of the country don't they? Who needs a few piddly votes from MEP's when you have the support of the nation. :hihi:

Go and read the BNP constitution and then answer that question.

96 pages later and there is nothing to suggest they want to do away with democracy.

So my guess is you fear them, so don't want them involved in the political process, which is very undemocratic of you.

No, I'm saying it shouldn't go to anybody including the BNP. But, to put it as simply as I can so you understand, if there is EU money going to political parties (which I disagree with), then it should be available to all.

That’s not what its doing, its saying that if funding is available to political parties then it should be available to them all.

Why do you think it should be available to some but not others?

It should be all but preferable none.

But then we have the dilemma of who should fund political parties, unions, businesses, individuals.

so youd be happy for some extremist islamacist political party to recieve money too? :suspect:

or is it just pick and choose your favourite "all"

Archived