UKIP to help BNP get European money

96 pages later and there is nothing to suggest they want to do away with democracy.

Does that include a democratic vote for the leadership of the BNP?

So my guess is you fear them, so don't want them involved in the political process, which is very undemocratic of you.

There is nothing undemocratic about voting out a far right party democratically that you fear. If not voting for them (democratically) effectively disables them politically then so be it..that's politics.

so youd be happy for some extremist islamacist political party to recieve money too? :suspect:

or is it just pick and choose your favourite "all"

The issue is fairly simple. The legality or otherwise of political parties is a matter for nation states. Those parties that are legal in nation states and contest and win EU parliament seats should be treated equally in terms of access to funding based on the number of seats they have, not whether the EU Commision considers them suitably "European".

I'm in agreement with those who oppose public funding for any and all political parties, however I'd acknowledge there are pros and cons to that view. However if public funds are available they should be distributed equally to all parties on the basis of number of seats, not subject to arbitrary tests of "Europeanness" by Barroso and the Commision. If an extremist islamist party is legal in their country and win seats then yes they should be treated in the same way.

so youd be happy for some extremist islamacist political party to recieve money too? :suspect:

or is it just pick and choose your favourite "all"

I’m not happy about EU money being given to any political party but if it is I wouldn’t exclude parties on the basis that I don’t like them, so if they are part of the political process in any of the EU countries then yes they should get the same treatment and money as any other party.

Neither would I, but if the EU are making funds available to political parties then it should be for them all with bias or prejudice.

Agreed, otherwise the EU might be accused of being undemocratic

(and that would never do);)

With UKIP offering the BNP this kind of support, I wonder if they will form a pact at the next election, with UKIP not standing where the BNP are and vice versa.

MEPs of all parties currently getting funding including the BNP, so by your logic that must mean the EU support the BNP and the other far-right parties.

There is nothing undemocratic about voting out a far right party democratically that you fear. If not voting for them (democratically) effectively disables them politically then so be it..that's politics.

No but it is undemocratic to exclude them, if there are rules that allow the funding of political parties then those rules should apply to all political parties without bias or prejudice.

I’m not happy about EU money being given to any political party but if it is I wouldn’t exclude parties on the basis that I don’t like them, so if they are part of the political process in any of the EU countries then yes they should get the same treatment and money as any other party.

You almost defined democracy there, whereas there are other people here who standing firmly behind the banner of democracy and spouting fascist noises.:roll:

So your happy to give money to islamic extremists if the BNP can have some?

Archived