UKIP to help BNP get European money

So your happy to give money to islamic extremists if the BNP can have some?

Can you actually read, because I'm begging to think not?

Read my posts, I clearly stated that I’m not happy with money being given to any political party, I’m not even happy about being in the EU, but because I think democracy is the best political system, I can live with it.

I can even live with some being given to the Labour Party despite the fact they are the worst political party we have.

The real issue is that both the BNP and UKIP are interest groups not parties in truth.Real parties have a diverse agenda whereas the two above have little to contribute outside a narrow field,they are virtually autistic in their fixation.Real parties have views on culture,education,and a broad spectrum.They claim to be restaurants but actually only have spam and chips on their menus.

The real issue is that both the BNP and UKIP are interest groups not parties in truth.Real parties have a diverse agenda whereas the two above have little to contribute outside a narrow field,they are virtually autistic in their fixation.Real parties have views on culture,education,and a broad spectrum.They claim to be restaurants but actually only have spam and chips on their menus.

The Conservatives are the greatest interest group of all time; they have the interests of the ruling classes at heart. They merely tolerate democracy and have had to learn how to use it to their advantage.

You can't expect to agree with the policies of all political parties but the political process is for all not just the majority.

When you exclude a group from the process you risk more than them just getting a few votes and the chance to express their views.

Anyone who does not believe that all political parties should get money does not believe in democracy. They are therefore far worse than any political party.

Cheers and welcome to the debate.Would you fund any party?How would you define a political party as distinct from an interest group.?

It's not that they are funding every political party in Europe is it? The EU provide some funding to parties that have democratically elected MEPs.

The Conservatives are the greatest interest group of all time; they have the interests of the ruling classes at heart. They merely tolerate democracy and have had to learn how to use it to their advantage.

I agree they are very keen on maintaining the Status Quo,and have successfully nurtured a docile electorate.

No but it is undemocratic to exclude them, if there are rules that allow the funding of political parties then those rules should apply to all political parties without bias or prejudice.

When discussing the BNP it would be prudent not to mention "bias and prejudice" otherwise some may get the idea you have sympathies for a racist organisation.

If by default you exclude by democratic means ie not receiving enough votes to exist as a party, then there is nothing undemocratic about that. It's the result of a democratic vote against them that excludes them.

Start a Maxmaximus Party tomorrow and see how far you get regarding funding.

They stood for election, and they won in free and fair elections. What you regard as befitting of their status as a political party is totally irrelevant.

As part of being democratically elected, they are entitled to EU funds as all parties with MEPs are.

When discussing the BNP it would be prudent not to mention "bias and prejudice" otherwise some may get the idea you have sympathies for a racist organisation.
It doesn't bother me if few prejudiced people think I have sympathies for a racist organisation.

If by default you exclude by democratic means ie not receiving enough votes to exist as a party, then there is nothing undemocratic about that. It's the result of a democratic vote against them that excludes them.

Start a Maxmaximus Party tomorrow and see how far you get regarding funding.

The BNP are a political party that some people choose to vote for, get over it, they should be entitled to everything another political party gets.

It doesn't bother me if few prejudiced people think I have sympathies for a racist organisation.

Being the case it wasn't worthy of a reply considering it wasn't a question. You not bovvered just a lil bit?

The BNP are a political party that some people choose to vote for, get over it, they should be entitled to everything another political party gets.

Oh I agree..and they should only be entitled on the basis of membership..which will probably be enough to get a round in, or a few misinformed "Spitfire" flyers as a means to **** public funds up the wall.

Archived