UKIP to help BNP get European money

Has anybody actually tried to deny the freedom of speech of a political party? It seems to me that what you really want is for some political parties to have a freedom from criticism.

By trying to deny them the same funding that other democratically elected MEPs receive, yes they are trying to limit their influence and ensure that other views are given greater prominence.

Has anybody actually tried to deny the freedom of speech of a political party? It seems to me that what you really want is for some political parties to have a freedom from criticism.

I don't even think anyone is denying the existence of a democratically elected party..you're right though, it seems criticism has been mistakenly taken as so.

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 13:41 ----------

1 MEP. A party can have a million members, but if they don't get any candidates elected then they are entitled to nothing. Equally a party can have one member if that member gets elected then they are entitled to funding.

Thanks for that, appreciated.

By trying to deny them the same funding that other democratically elected MEPs receive, yes they are trying to limit their influence and ensure that other views are given greater prominence.

So who here on this forum are trying to deny the BNP the same funding? Several posters may have criticise the funding, but I haven't read one poster that has - in your words - tried to deny the same funding.

So who here on this forum are trying to deny the BNP the same funding? Several posters may have criticise the funding, but I haven't read one poster that has - in your words - tried to deny the same funding.

Some clearly support the motion to stop the EU funding BNP and a handful of other parties which have democratically elected MEPs.

Your post is merely an attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that there are some here who are so hateful towards the BNP , (for whatever reasons), that they would sooner deny them a voice in the true tradition of fascism, than allow them to have their say in the interests of democracy.

Your post is merely an attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that there are some here who are so hateful towards the BNP , (for whatever reasons), that they would sooner deny them a voice in the true tradition of fascism, than allow them to have their say in the interests of democracy.

Is it? I thought that my post reflected my opinion rather than it being a part of a wider conspiracy. :hihi:

It's not just the BNP. The others are

Front National - ex-leader Jean-Marie Le Pen has a conviction for holocaust denial,

Jobbik - two months ago Márton Gyöngyösi of Jobbik advised the Hungarian government to draw up lists of Jews who pose a "national security risk".

Your post is merely an attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that UKIP is doing its best to give money to anti-semites and fascists.

It's not just the BNP. The others are

Front National - ex-leader Jean-Marie Le Pen has a conviction for holocaust denial,

Jobbik - two months ago Márton Gyöngyösi of Jobbik advised the Hungarian government to draw up lists of Jews who pose a "national security risk".

Your post is merely an attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that UKIP is doing its best to give money to anti-semites and fascists.

And if you are a tax payer in the EU you are also giving them money, you helped to fund Nick Griffins £200,000 Euro expenses, making you as culpable as UKIP.

Archived