Anyone read The Sun- re couple on benefits

It will because the lefties seem to think that everyone is starving and living off food banks. Its disgusting that we have to pay our taxes to sort this out.

What a silly remark.

Is it disgusting that a large proportion of the benefit bill is paid to people in work because their employers do not pay enough for them to survive without these benefits?

Is it disgusting that another large proportion of the benefit bill is paid to pensioners who have contributed to this country for many years?

Is it disgusting that another large proportion of the benefit bill is for child benefit payments?

Which of these benefits do you object to your taxes paying for?

If both have separate pensions in their own right they will receive £142 each,making about £15000 per annum.

I am not sure where you got your information from but I can assure that it is completely wrong as I get just above that but my wife only gets just over half of that figure and £214 is very close to what we receive each week. I think the figure you are quoting will start in 2017 and only for people who reach retiring age then and it does not apply to people who are over 65 now.

I am not sure where you got your information from but I can assure that it is completely wrong as I get just above that but my wife only gets just over half of that figure and £214 is very close to what we receive each week. I think the figure you are quoting will start in 2017 and only for people who reach retiring age then and it does not apply to people who are over 65 now.

I can see I made an error and thanks for correcting me so politely.I also hope the pension proves adequate for you both,as getting extra work is much harder for the older set.

I dislike these types of stories in the tabloid newspapers. They are just designed to 'outrage' the readers. There was one the other day about a single mother who 'refused to work' despite the fact that she actually had a job working from home. This was mentioned a couple of times but largely skimmed over. Even more 'outrageous', she is an immigrant (from Lithuania if I recall correctly) :roll:

Not just to 'outrage' readers, but to divide and conquer. Get the Proles at each other's throats and it diverts attention away from the millionaires fiddling their income tax, and the scandalous abuses of power at the top.

That still doesn't refute the fact that Wonga have given money to the Conservatives in exchange for meetings. I'd have thought a ....whatever you are, would have known that.

You also failed to refute the fact that a senior advisor of Cameron's left to join the company.

I have to laugh at people who slate these pay day loan companies. No one is forced to use them , no one has a gun held to their heads. You know how high the interest rate is before you take out a loan . People make their own decisions to use pay day loan companies. NO ONE IS FORCED TO USE THEM.

These companies charge very high interest rates yes, but people do not have to use them ,they do it through choice.

Not just to 'outrage' readers, but to divide and conquer. Get the Proles at each other's throats and it diverts attention away from the millionaires fiddling their income tax, and the scandalous abuses of power at the top.

Correctamundo.

Archived