Letter in Sheffield Star re WW1 battlefield tours

Vic787

Has anyone seen the letter in the Star last Wednesday or Thursday regarding trips to WW1 battlefields and memorials? I lost my copy when the binmen came this morning. There was an address to which to write to for information. I would like it please if anyone got it. Thanks.

There was a bloke who used to run small group tips to the ww1 battlefields from Barnsley.

Does anyone know if he still runs them?

I'd appreciate any contact details if he still runs the trips.

Happy Days! Popt

Worth looking at all holiday coach firms as many run 3/4 day or weekend trips to Belgium that include a battlefield tour. Each firm may only have one or two a year though. There's a wall next to the S.Y.P.T.E. office at Pond St. Interchange that has lots of brochures and flyers from coach firms. I went on a really good WWI & WWII weekend trip with Clarksons the year before they were taken over. It was good because although it was a really cheap trip they used excellent local Belgian guides for the battlefield excursions.

Archived