Duck survives after crossbow attack

Well there we go then, anyone can fire crossbows on playing fields, RootsBoster guarantees it is legal, and will do the jail time for you if it turns out to be rubbish.

No he doesnt and stop twisting what is being said. You can loose, not fire, loose crossbows *responsibily* on public land.

I wouldnt dream of saying that you think you can just fire a .22 in public and making a song and dance about it, so I'll thank you to extend the same courtesy to others.

No he doesnt and stop twisting what is being said. You can loose, not fire, loose crossbows *responsibily* on public land.

I wouldnt dream of saying that you think you can just fire a .22 in public and making a song and dance about it, so I'll thank you to extend the same courtesy to others.

I have the genuine greatest respect for both you and RootsBooster as posters and you're two of the last people I would want to be arguing with. I accept that my firearms are subject to a whole host of laws that crossbows are not. However crossbows are subject to laws, many laws and my concern is that both of you are taking personal experience of controlled responsible use in public situations and presenting it ina way that may encourage others to think they have rights to behave in ways that may get them into trouble. I'm not anti crossbow or anti-longbow, just don't want someone reading this getting themselves into trouble.

Pax?

I have the genuine greatest respect for both you and RootsBooster as posters and you're two of the last people I would want to be arguing with. I accept that my firearms are subject to a whole host of laws that crossbows are not. However crossbows are subject to laws, many laws and my concern is that both of you are taking personal experience of controlled responsible use in public situations and presenting it ina way that may encourage others to think they have rights to behave in ways that may get them into trouble. I'm not anti crossbow or anti-longbow, just don't want someone reading this getting themselves into trouble.

Pax?

I regret that based on your previous comments and postings I simply don't believe you. Sorry.

Pax?

Can you show me one of my posts which is "presented in such a way that may encourage others to think they have rights to behave in ways that may get them into trouble" and explain exactly how my post would make them think this?

Provided you've taken adequate precautions as defined by the Grand National Archery Society 'Rules of Shooting' you can shoot a bow (and I *think* crossbow) practically anywhere. They even provide a limited public liability cover for archery related incidents for members of the society.

If the land is private, then permission has to be gained from the owner or person responsible for said property/land, if it is common land then the GNAS rules and common sense prevail. However if members of the public feel they are in danger or you're being negligent they can complain to the police who will most likely ask you to stop if they agree. A bow and crossbow are not controlled weapons in terms of dangerous/lethal weapons. They could potentially do you for disturbing the peace or something if you pitched up and were just shooting without any due care and alarming people.

You are obviously liable for any injuries caused to 3rd parties, and if negligent will almost certainly face legal action.

It is however TOTALLY illegal to hunt any animals in the UK with any kind of bow, be that crossbow or not.

" Those found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal could face a maximum six-month prison sentence and/or a £20,000 fine."

Unless you are wearing tweeds, go snarf snarf snarf, look slightly in-bred and use a shotgun to blast them from the sky.

Seriously though whats the difference between some chav having a go with a cross bow (he wasnt far off a fatal head shot to be fair), and some city boy on a corporate day out having a pop with a shot gun??

---------- Post added 06-02-2013 at 17:10 ----------

It should have learnt too DUCK!

God help me, I must be cracking-up making jokes like this.

You're quackers

Archived